• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 0.47 Taxiway Signs

Country
unitedstates
Jon,

Another thing I found opening a user BGL was that I got double taxiway signs. This is because there was no exclude. Not sure how that should be handled. The KERI.BGL I sent you shows this behavior.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Bill ADE will generate an exclusion rectangle that excludes the default taxisigns at an airport. It does this when you open a stock airport. If you are opening an airport that has been created by some other tool or by hand it makes no assumptions about what excludes to place. So if the developer of that bgl hs not excluded the signs then ADE will not add anything. If, on the other hand this was created from a stock airport in ADE then you have found a bug :eek:

There will be manual control over excludes included in a later version of ADE. They are in the development schedule. The goal of the current version is to minimize the chances of error for users so a lot of control that might be available is turned off at the moment. We are trying to develop a 'bombproof' version at the moment :)

This is because there was no exclude. Not sure how that should be handled.

Bill

The way this should be handled is the original designer needs to fix his airport bgl.

Many different convert programs were released before SP1 was available. Most airport bgls need updating (taxiway signs) if it was designed prior to SP1.

When a airport designer places data in a airport XML they must understand that a deleteall= or an exclusion must exsit based on what is added to the XML.

MS gave us the ability to block out or exclude data so as duplictes will not occur. Since the beginning of FS9, some designers have continued to disregard the way FS9/FSX requires blocking/excluding airport data placed at a higher priority.

I see the same thing happening now with airports being uploaded to variuos web sites. One of the nice features of ADE is that it can very quickly tell us if a Airport is contructed properly or not. The end result is a designer needs to learn how to apply the proper rules to a Airport bgl if they want it to work properly.

Country
unitedstates
Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I am at the present time working with MyTraffic and am seeing what you are talking about. It is quite a learning experience and this is the first version of FS that I am looking into what make it work. Having a great time thanks to people like you and Jon and all the developers of the new tools.