• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 0.47 won't start

Country
germany
Well I know something I do wrong here. But what? :D

The program does not start instead I get this error message:

Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You either do not have all versions of SimConnect installed on your computer or there is something wrong with your SimConnect installation. ADE must have Simconnect version 10.0.60905.0 present to work.

Make sure that you installed the original SDK from the DVD and then the updates

This has been reported before but I can't find the post at the moment

EDIT

I have two versions of simconnect.dll installed on my machine

c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9\simconnect.dll that has the version 10.0.60905.0 dated 01/01/2007 (the one ADE is using)

and

c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a\simconnect.dll that has the version information 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038) dated 16/05/2007. ADE is not using this one

Note there are no spaces in the folder names but the forum seems to be adding them

Last edited:
Country
germany
Jon I have the same versions installed.

10.0.60905.0 dated 11.01.07
10.0.61355.0 dated 23.05.07

Heiko

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No You should not need anything. However to be sure that you are placing the new version in it's own folder complete and not updating an older version?

There are no changes to the way that ADE communicates with FSX in any of these versions

Country
germany
I just unziped the content of 'ade_047_2746.zip' in a new created folder. But no success.

What about the dll file dates. They are apparently different by you. I use the german Version of FSX.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well I am not sure about that. Martin (gsnde) is also German. Maybe he can answer the question but the version is certainly the same - the only thing otherwise is the public key token but I don't know. I do know that a number of ADE users are from Germany and the only time I am aware of this problem is when the correct version of simconnect was not present.

What I don't understand is why 0.40 would work but 0.47 wouldn't. The simconnect code has not changed in a long time. It is the same code used in SDE TestApp.

Country
germany
It works now. :)

The newest version (ade_047_2746.zip) does not contain the file 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll'.

So now I copied the file from the 040 version in the ADE folder and it works.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ah - OK thanks I will check the download and make sure it is in there.

EDIT

Well you are correct and it has not been present since version 0.40. Not sure why but it does not always seem to be needed - however I will put it into the download

Last edited:
Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Jon -
ADE 47 won't start for me,
but for a different reason.

Previous versions did work ok.

Event Log - Error -
.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
EventType clr20r3, P1 airport design editor.exe, P2 0.47.2746.31682, P3 46927203, P4 jmsdelib, P5 2.5.2746.31680, P6 46927200, P7 1b4, P8 13, P9 system.invalidcastexception, P10 NIL.

Event Log - Info -
.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Bucket 56015661, bucket table 5, EventType clr20r3, P1 airport design editor.exe, P2 0.47.2746.31682, P3 46927203, P4 jmsdelib, P5 2.5.2746.31680, P6 46927200, P7 1b4, P8 13, P9 system.invalidcastexception, P10 NIL.

EDIT - Update
I had installed to the same folder as SDE, (as previously),
and it was repeatedly failing to launch.

Installed to a new and independent folder & launched ok.

Is this version making some call to jmsdelib, which it shouldn't be ?

HTH
ATB
Paul

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Paul

The changes in ADE at the moment mean that most components are subject to change so each new version needs it's own folder. Also ADE use jmSDELib.dll which is version 2 of the engine optimized for use with a gui. SDE TestApp and Bgl2Xml use jmFlightSimLib.dll which contains version 1 of the engine. Version 2 is not better than version 1, just optimized differently.

Early versions of ADE used jmFlightSimLib.dll which may be why some versions worked in the same folder as SDE TestApp etc.

So long answer to question. Short answer don't put 'em together :)

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Jon -
Cheers.
Will keep them seperate from now on. :D

There's obviously still some interaction when co-located.

ATB
Paul

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Jon -
Just for info.
Traced the source of the co-located ADE/SDE problem.

I've just copied my previously created airportList.dat
from the original SDE folder,
into ADE's new seperate folder,
and received the same error as previously.

On renaming the airportList.dat to OLD_airportList.dat
then relaunching ADE,
and rescanning the stock airports,
ADE then worked perfectly.

Recreated the error by
renaming the new file to ADE_airportList.dat,
and OLD_airportList.dat to airportList.dat.

Repeated the new scan for the colocated ADE/SDE folder
and ADE worked perfectly there also, as does SDE.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry Paul

I should have worked that out - it is a known issue - the introduction of the new version 2 SDE engine for ADE meant that you need to re-create your airportList.dat file :eek: