ADE 1.67.5876 Beta - Accurate Library Object Footprints

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Delete the library from the Library Object Manager and reload it. ADE should make detailed footprints for the objects then

I've notice that on objects with detailed footprints, I cannot copy them (to copy and paste) once they have been moved. I've attached two images of the "right click result" on an airport object. When first placed, I can copy it. Once moved or rotated, copy is no longer an option. Static aircraft made with Don's SAMM don't display their outline--I can move them, copy anytime. Some aircraft models do have detailed footprints. Once moved, they cannot be copied

I didn't see this noted in the thread earlier, but apologize if it's already noted. And it's not big deal. This is really nice for terminals, etc.

Gary

Attachments

I tried to confirm this behavior and I got the same result with a complex library object. The "Copy Object" menu item is missing. However, if I save the airport, restart ADE, it is possible to copy the item.

EDIT:

This appears to be a selection issue. Using the "R key/Left Mouse button/drag" for an area select, the Copy Object item shows up.

Last edited: