• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.67.5876 Beta - Accurate Library Object Footprints

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I saw almost the same thing as John K when I installed yesterday. FSX, Win 10.

When I open stock or one of my ade projects, the objects display just as they did in former versions, except there is a red dot at the corner of each object. Not at my FSX computer now, but I'll post an image when I get home.

Importing date was slow--Instantly started up, but when importing info took 4-5 minutes, so maybe something went wrong. When I hover over the objects, the correct image is there, but the outlines are all rectangles. I may remove and try to reinstall.

Looks like it's relatively unique to my setup (and John's), which is about to be subjected to a clean install of Win 10. The win 10 Update went poorly, and I cannot install some programs (TurboTax for instance). Just trying to find/develop a list of the years of programs that will need to be reinstalled

So, not to likely it's anything but me and the update

Gary

Nor sure you should re-install. Try closing and starting again and loading a large airport and also please go to the Global folder inside the main ADE folder and see if there is a file called MFDB.dbs - if it is there how big is it?

Country
us-colorado
"...the exclude autogen polygon property is not working for me"

I was having some problems with excludes not working after I installed FTX Global, and it eventually turned out that the excludes must be a higher priority than the airport and objects, so I made an excludes folder, added it to the scenery lib at the top, then moved the CVX files to that folder, and it eliminated my exclude problems.

On another note:
"If I place an object using Instant Scenery and reload the sim, the object is shifted slightly from the original position. I'm asking about this to determine if it's a footprint or something else. Love ADE and have used it for a long time."

I don't know whether it is related, but object placement varies with altitude. This doesn't happen with ALL objects, but it does with many. I suspect that it's related to the "round world" changes in FSX (thus also in P3D) from FS9 and before, though I don't know much more than that. Most of my airport work is with airports in Colorado and New Mexico, thus at 4,000 feet and higher (up to near 10,000). So when placing objects (with ADE, I don't use Instant Scenery), the placement accuracy varies, both with altitude and with orientation of the object. Using the same object (of those with the problem) at a field near sea level and at a field at 5,000 feet or above can yield a placement difference of several feet.

Country
us-washington
I tried opening kdfw and the only library object was the tower/hotel in the middle. KORD only the main terminal showed up, but only the big square. No outline of the actual terminal shape. At kspi, the terminal it uses just shows the square library object also. But it shows all the library objects and generic objects. kdfw and kord didn't.

Country
us-newyork
MFDB.dbs is there, 97280 kb

Reopening seems to have helped. Stock KPHL seems to work. KROC, my hometown, doesn't--but the default is just autogen images... This is a terrific upgrade. And my own projects still as before, tho I'll try to make a few with the new beta and see if they display

I've attached a project that I've been working on with the latest prior version. Most of the buildingsare my own Sketchup/MCX buildings most are rectangular or square, so of course they are just displayed as rectangles. Note all of the red dots (even each runway light).

But two of the buildings (circled) are not. I've attached an FSX image of the triangular terminal building

The three attached images show the working KPHL , an ADE picture of KHAO and an overhead view from FSX of the building (the one near the tower view marker)

Ray's recently uploaded KMCO seems to display OK, I just checked... So maybe something with the way I've made my models.

Butler Co.JPG fsx view of terminal.JPG Logan.JPG

Thanks, Gary

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
MFDB.dbs is there, 97280 kb

Reopening seems to have helped. Stock KPHL seems to work. KROC, my hometown, doesn't--but the default is just autogen images... This is a terrific upgrade. And my own projects still as before, tho I'll try to make a few with the new beta and see if they display

I've attached a project that I've been working on with the latest prior version. Most of the buildingsare my own Sketchup/MCX buildings most are rectangular or square, so of course they are just displayed as rectangles. Note all of the red dots (even each runway light).

But two of the buildings (circled) are not. I've attached an FSX image of the triangular terminal building

The three attached images show the working KPHL , an ADE picture of KHAO and an overhead view from FSX of the building (the one near the tower view marker)

Ray's recently uploaded KMCO seems to display OK, I just checked... So maybe something with the way I've made my models.

View attachment 26985 View attachment 26986 View attachment 26987

Thanks, Gary

Please see the fix in this thread: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fix-for-p3d-users-of-current-beta-1-67-5876.436439/

Country
canada
Someone else will put me right but I think these exclusions will exclude a whole QMID which is what you are seeing
that is exactly what is happening... land class works fine.... I kind of figured that was the issue. now the question is can you just exclude a section of a road?
Dreamer

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Didn't seem to change either older projects, of if I start a new one in the Beta. I'm not using P3D, just plain old FSX deluxe. I really suspect this has to do with my Win 10 problems.

My original post explained that you may not get accurate footprints for existing projects. This is because the program currently only looks to create new footprints when you load stock data (that is open a stock airport) If you load some stock airports for the area you are working in then footprints will get created and your existing project files should show them

Country
us-newyork
I've attached and ADE and image--of a trial project. Loaded stock KUYF. Removed stock objects and added image. Added one of my models which is "not square" and one terminal that's not mine--either stock or downloaded from AVSIM (default_terminals_ss.bgl077) which is "T" shaped. Both display as rectangles. As noted before, large stock airports display correctly, as does Ray's recent MCO. It's either a problem with my models or my OS

The large red dot, I now realize is the center of rotation (and I think the 0,0,0 point in sketchup). Is there a way to make the dot smaller-on older versions it's a tiny red dot (and still works that way on

Microsoft "support" and Intuit both believe there is a problem with my Win 10 install.. The upgrade took a few weeks to get running, and some commercial programs just won't install. I'm planning to clean install but have to find one work-critical disk prior to repair (otherwise I'm out $1100 to re-purchase). Everything that was on the computer as Win 7 seems to work great (including the $1100 Medical/EMR Dragon voic recognition), but new installations are 50/50 at best.

Curious to see if the two objects in the ADE display correctly on your setup

EDIT, oops forgot the attachments--the larger object to the right is not my creation, the one to the left is

Attachments

• KUYF_ADEX_gww.ad4
    26 KB · Views: 179
  • Madison Co test.JPG
    Madison Co test.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think that the red dots were enlarged during pre-beta testing. I can arrange to reduce them. If you added one of your models then ADE should spot it and create the footprint. It won't create them for user models included in existing projects at the moment

Country
us-newyork
More evidence that this a problem with my install. The GP line and polys won't "add". I can create the poly or line, enter the required definitions (width, texture, etc) but the "OK" button stays grayed out and not responsive. All other features of the GP editor seem intact (I can rotate textures, move them etc, just can't get them "OK" to place into ADE. I've checked and all of the texture files are the sane as in 1.67.5684 (ver 00.00.5886) in which GP functions work fine.

I thought I recalled a note about GP problems and the new build, but can't find it. Sorry if this is redundant.

Might still reinstall... Other than potentially confusing myself even more, no conflict in installing again in a separate directory--I'll even put it on a different drive--is there?

Gary

Attachments

• gp editor.JPG
    gp editor.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 334

GHD

Country
england
Does "Load Stock Data" not create footprints?

It doesn't seem to here :(

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
George

That may be because you are not using the beta that supports detailed footprints. You images show 1.67.5775. The version you need is 1.67.5876 :)

GHD

Country
england
Hmm, I donwloaded it from the first post in this thread.

No I didn't, I have no idea where it came from :mischievo

I'll try again.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I can create the poly or line, enter the required definitions (width, texture, etc) but the "OK" button stays grayed out and not responsive. All other features of the GP editor seem intact (I can rotate textures, move them etc, just can't get them "OK" to place into ADE. I've checked and all of the texture files are the sane as in 1.67.5684 (ver 00.00.5886) in which GP functions work fine.
Gary, you can download the ADE-GP update directly from http://stuff4fs.com (my website). Go to Applications/ADE-GP.

Don

Reactions: F70