ADE 1.70 Release Candidate 2

The "Separate Airport and Object BGL Files" in Settings -> Options is not carried forward to the compile options. One still needs to set it in "Compile Options" -> "More Options".

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The "Separate Airport and Object BGL Files" in Settings -> Options is not carried forward to the compile options. One still needs to set it in "Compile Options" -> "More Options".
I'll check. This only applies to new projects though so you can't change it there for an existing project

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Maybe but it has been like that for several version and has not changed in this version

Me again. I was attempting to add a gate to a project in FS9 mode yesterday. ADE crashed. Log should have been sent in. All updates had been applied before crash. Worked fine in 1.67. I added my email doublebaccn at initials for America Online dot contraction of commercial.

Ed

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks Ed. There is a but in adding gates to projects. I am trying to find out what it is. Your log will help :)

I'm having a similar problem I can not add gates/ramps/vehicle spots to a small airport with none(CCZ4). I can add library objects, edit taxiway, etc. Seems just the ramps/gates/vehicle. I too sent the log

By the way, thanks for the multi copy. Makes trees/ grass, etc much easier
\
Gary

Just checked. I can't add ramps to a project from last week as well--so both new and old projects. Thisi is the first I've tried to add parking spots since new release. I can copy and paste parking spots, just can't add a new one from the menu. And since the new project has no parking spots at all in the FSX default....

Lot's of other stuff to do. No rush for me. It's a holiday weekend here

Gary

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
There is a bug fix posted for the problem of adding parking spots. Programmer error - changed some code and screwed things up. Please download the bug fix when offered and this issue should be fixed. Other things are still being worked on.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I tried to look through the release notes if this is by design.

Open ADE select P3D
Select Menu Item - Settings | Options then the Project tab
Make a change select Save
ADE closes down

Is this by design so preferences etc. get reread?

Edit never mind - If you make an error in spelling the folder name - ie. Non existent folder causes the save to close ADE otherwise save will work with a proper folder name. Had done some folder moving outside of ADE. ADE kept old folder info, but did not verify on save.
I found the bug on this and fixed it (I hope!)