• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.71.6169 Beta Release

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is a beta release for 1.71 which includes a couple of new features and, of course, the P3D v3 updates made by Don.

This version includes
  • an update to the File Priority Analyzer which tries to show in ADE what appears in FS when there are multiple bgl files covering an airport. Effectively it loads the bgl files in the same order that FS does and the end result in the display should be the combined effect of all the files. This needs some testing and we are aware of some issues. So feedback would be much appreciated
  • Replace one object with another. Library Objects and Generic Buildings are supported. Select one of these and use the Replace option in the Right Click Menu. You will be shown a dialog the same as the Add dialog but this does a replace. Select the new object or building and you can replace the original. There is also an option to replace all of the selected type with the new one. So, for example, if you have several trees or lights and want to replace with another then this can be done in one shot. Undo is supported if you make a mistake or change your mind.
There are two downloads:

Full Install http://www.mediafire.com/file/59i6gh34sas2hd3/171_6169_beta_full.zip

Update for users with 1.71 http://www.mediafire.com/file/9czu7at2488dz81/171_6169_beta_update.zip

and some documentation of the changes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dso75llgafisr7c/171_6169_beta_notes.pdf

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well that is something George :) But I am sure something will come along - it always does :oops:

GHD

Country
england
It is repeatable:

List all scenery objects.

Select all.

Edit.

Done.

Close.

Save airport.

Compile airport.

Exit.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You didn't roll up your left trouser leg George :eek:

I think I did the same things George but the Save option was there and I was able to save on exit.

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
You didn't roll up your left trouser leg George :eek:.
No, but I did bare my left breast :p

Did you make any changes in the edit?

Try changing "No Autogen Suppress" before clicking "Done".

No, it fails irrespective of changing that option :rolleyes:

I have attached the AD4 file, but it happens on multiple AD4s

Attachments

• EDNP_ADEX_UK2.ad4
    17.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK George. Exactly what is the problem? If I follow your sequence above then I Save before compile so that the File > Save option will be greyed out as you show. If I compile and then exit I get told that the project has changed and do I want to save it - is it that dialog that does not make sense? Since you Saved before you compiled then it should not offer that dialog? I can replicate that - It doesn't happen in 1.67 or 1.70 so something changed in 1.71

GHD

Country
england
If I follow your sequence above then I Save before compile so that the File > Save option will be greyed out as you show. If I compile and then exit I get told that the project has changed and do I want to save it - is it that dialog that does not make sense? Since you Saved before you compiled then it should not offer that dialog? I can replicate that - It doesn't happen in 1.67 or 1.70 so something changed in 1.71
Exactly.

Note. The save status is green when the save confirmation pops up.

It isn't really a problem, it is just an extra click on either yes or no when asked for the redundant save.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Weird - something is setting the dirty flag. I wonder if it is related to the replace function

GHD

Country
england
Simpler example:

Open stock airport EDNQ.

Make runway transparent.

Save airport.

Compile airport.

Exit.

Country
germany
Jon,

I started with testing the File Priority Analyzer. When I click on 'Scan' I get the following error message:

"The Airport stock folder C:\FS-Tools\ADE 1.71\P33\scenery\0601\scenery\0601\scenery"

Somehow ADE combines it's installation folder with the P3D folder. That is the only instance where this happens. Open stock airport etc. all works fine.

Any idea?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Martin. Check your path settings in Settings > Options > Folders and make sure it is pointing properly. Sounds like it is. I have seen this before but not found why. If you close and restart ADE does it start to work?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Add Library Object Bug. I have just had it reported that the Add Library Object Dialog has suddenly started showing 1000 for the altitude:

upload_2016-11-29_7-57-15.png

Same in Replace mode. That will put any objects added at the wrong altitude so I will get a fix sorted soonest. Meantime the fix it to set that to a proper figure when adding a library object

Country
germany
Martin. Check your path settings in Settings > Options > Folders and make sure it is pointing properly. Sounds like it is. I have seen this before but not found why. If you close and restart ADE does it start to work?

I checked the paths carefully and they were all correct, Jon. I also restarted ADE several times. Then I made a new instance without importing the old settings and that did the trick.

I did a first test then with the default options checked which worked fine.

For the next test I checked the libraries options as well which resulted in a kind of "out of memory error". It was too late and therefore I did not capture it. I will redo the test and let you know.

Country
germany
Not sure if this has changed or was always like this:

The library thumbs folder. I would like to have that outside the ADE installation so that it survives updates and is easier to maintain. Starting from the concept of the big thumb pack I have the thumbs structured in a separate folder per BGl so that you can do easier housekeeping.

Now I can't find a way to point the ADE thumbs path to that folder and all subfolders are automatically processed and the thumbs available.

Am I trying to do something that is not foreseen or has this changed sometime in the past?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You set it in the Library Object Manager:

ScreenShot00409.jpg

Set the top level folder here and Save. ADE should read sub folders as well as the top level folder