ADE 1.75.6421 Does not Compile

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Now that you have a ad4 file... load it up and then use the "Compile" command.

You are to save as first, always and then compile it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Now that you have a ad4 file... load it up and then use the "Compile" command.

You are to save as first, always and then compile it.

Yes I'm aware, I have moderate experience with ADE. When I attempt to compile my airport, no bgl is created. Just FYI I am using P3Dv4 and select the option when ADE starts up.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have moved this from the announcement thread. I think we need a bit more information - does ADE seem to compile - that is you get no error message? If so then it is likely that the bgl file is being saved somewhere that you don't expect. Check Settings > Options > Project Tab

upload_2017-9-5_7-2-50.png

These are the default options and the bgl file is saved with the project file in the P34 Projects Folder.

@scruffyduck ,

I am trying to compile an airport but I only getting CVX.bgl file. The normal BGL file is not there.

I don't have FSX in my PC. I have installed FSX SDK and try to compile the airport. This is my folder path:
1566575339387.png

This is my ADE versions:
Application 01.76.6715.14291
Engine 04.75.6712.18978

Thank you.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello

I understand that you don't have the simulator installed on this computer but you do have the settings intermixed with P3D and FSX. What is the BglComp Folder path pointing to?

Hello

I understand that you don't have the simulator installed on this computer but you do have the settings intermixed with P3D and FSX. What is the BglComp Folder path pointing to?
Yes, you are correct. The folder path is as follow:
BglComp Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK

Shp2Vec Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK

Why are you not using the P3D v4 SDK and compilers?
I wanted to compile the scenery for FSX but I only have the FSX SDK installed but no FSX on this pc. I have installed P3D and P3D SDK in this pc and that works perfectly.

I have installed FSX and FSX SDK but still only CVX.BGL is being produced.

Edit.
I manage to create both BGL files. But not sure how. I just tried reloading ADE few times and export it, then it works.

Last edited: