P3D v4 ADE 1.75 Beta -Support for P3D v4

This is a well documented issue. You need to download and use ADE-GP 2.2.05 from http://stuff4fs.

Don
Having the same problem, I have downloaded this file, copied all to main 175_Beta folder apart from the cc.cmd file. Still getting invalid version message on compile. As a test i tried a simple taxi line, I clicked on the 'add custom ground line' button, clicked on the map, double clicked away from first point and the editor window opened.

in line width i typed 0.5, other options became available, nothing to select in the P3D window, in main texture i select 'gp_yellow_20f'. As i understand it if I do no more then the texture will just tile/repeat, as it is a solid yellow line i want this is fine, at this point I click ok.

Back in the main ADE window I click 'Compile', in more options i have selected to (compile 'with project file'), (Save Xml 'Don't Save), I check 'Compile separate airport and object files' in the lower ' conditional compile window' all options are checked.

Back in main 'Compile Options' window I click Compile, ((ADE_GroundPolys) )Invalid version) message as two posts above, I click ok, get the message ((GP Compiler) The GP Compiler reports that it failed. This compile will now be aborted.)

Not long been back to ADE after a trying it out last year, I'm sure I have had it working before but can't remember if I had issues back then.

Gav

gadgets

Resource contributor
If you have put things together correctly and you create or edit a GP with ADE Version 1.75, you will/should see "ADE-GP Ground Poly Editor (Version 2.2.05)" in the title bar of the GP editor. That's the only version of ADE-GP that works with 1.75 - and I have just confirmed (again) it does.

Don

If you have put things together correctly and you create or edit a GP with ADE Version 1.75, you will/should see "ADE-GP Ground Poly Editor (Version 2.2.05)" in the title bar of the GP editor. That's the only version of ADE-GP that works with 1.75 - and I have just confirmed (again) it does.

Don
Seems it hadn't installed correctly, sorted now thanks.

Gav

One problem I have noticed......

I open an existing ADE airport that was compiled by ADE 1.71 or earlier for v2 or v3. I compile it with ADE 1.75 with paths to the V4 SDK. When I reopen the airport in ADE 1.75 (or use it in the simulator), the flattens are missing. The poly that was "Airport Background/Flatten/Exclude Autogen/Mask Class Map" has become "Airport Background/Exclude Autogen/Mask Class Map."
Not a big deal....I just reclassify it in ADE 1.75 and it compiles just fine.

Just an FYI.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are you saying that it changes in the ADE project file when you load a project file created in 1,71 into 1,75. So in effect ADE is changing it?

One problem I have noticed......

I open an existing ADE airport that was compiled by ADE 1.71 or earlier for v2 or v3. I compile it with ADE 1.75 with paths to the V4 SDK. When I reopen the airport in ADE 1.75 (or use it in the simulator), the flattens are missing. The poly that was "Airport Background/Flatten/Exclude Autogen/Mask Class Map" has become "Airport Background/Exclude Autogen/Mask Class Map."
Not a big deal....I just reclassify it in ADE 1.75 and it compiles just fine.

Just an FYI.
Hi whamil77 -- see my post #37. Same issue with result that has the FLATTENS MISSING. To clarify, which definition are you using to get 1.75 to work?? I am trying to make a new airport and cannot get the flattens to work.

Many Thanks !!!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It is still entirely unclear to me whether you are reporting a problem with ADE or the way the P3D v4 compiles and displays the airport and terrain. Perhaps someone can explain it to me?

I noticed a couple of very minor issues in the beta. First, there is an orphaned radio button that is showing up in all of the object type list windows (bottom right of the window). Second, the parking space list window displays off-screen of the main monitor at 4k resolution with dual monitors. The latter is obviously not important but it might have ramifications for other display setups also. All in all, the beta works beautifully.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I noticed a couple of very minor issues in the beta. First, there is an orphaned radio button that is showing up in all of the object type list windows (bottom right of the window). Second, the parking space list window displays off-screen of the main monitor at 4k resolution with dual monitors. The latter is obviously not important but it might have ramifications for other display setups also. All in all, the beta works beautifully.
Thanks :) I see the radio button - no idea why it is there - I will remove it. I only have a single monitor so it is hard for me to diagnose the second problem

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Maybe but they all use the same window - just list different things in it depending on what you select

Second, the parking space list window displays off-screen of the main monitor at 4k resolution with dual monitors. The latter is obviously not important but it might have ramifications for other display setups also. All in all, the beta works beautifully.
I also have dual monitors and I find the right click menu opens on the second screen if I right click within a couple of inches of the right edge of the main screen (the side of the second display). Also any submenus open on the second display if the menu is at the right of the screen.

Not an issue now I know what's happening but at first it caused me a lot of confusion as the second monitor was switched off. I wouldn't stress over fixing it.

Gav