• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.77.7279 Development Update

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is an update that can be applied to any existing 1.77 installation or used to create a separate installation in a new folder. The download link is here

For a new Installation enter the installation folder when prompted

For an existing installation enter the current installation folder when prompted:

1575635983050.png

Make sure to enter the top level folder for the ADE installation and ensure ADE is not running.

This update:
  • Fixes bug for missing library 'TextureLoader' when loading some airports or loading library files into the Library Object Manager
  • Updates the 'Check for Update' function
  • Adds a function in the Library Object Manager to update an existing library with new information, changed footprints etc. The option to Update a Single File is in the LOM Tools Menu. Please test!

1575636228101.png

GHD

Country
england
Installed as new installation but copied files from 1.16.

When adding a folder I had several of these errors:

Howver, the detailed footprints worked:

Non-detailed:

Detailed:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
George - can you please send me a example of a library in its original state and revised state so that I can run some tests to make sure that footprints are actually updated. Preferably one or more that is generating the error you report.

I assume you imported settings from 1.16 (a type for 1.61)?

GHD

Country
england
George - can you please send me a example of a library in its original state and revised state so that I can run some tests to make sure that footprints are actually updated. Preferably one or more that is generating the error you report.

I don't undestand, All I did was to delete all of the entries then add the folder. (size 1.04GB).

I can upload it to my Dropbox if necessary).

I assume you imported settings from 1.16 (a type for 1.61)?

Sorry, it was 1.75 :oops:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Seeing the folder would help George if you can make it available for me to download. The error is coming from Arno's code I think

GHD

Country
england
It has been uploaded.

BTW. It may contain some FS9 models.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have asked Arno to look at this error.

Country
france
Hi,

May I just suggest to have an option to dismiss the creation of the stub alt file when modifying the airport altitude ?

Thanks(!) to the new "hidden feature" of P3DV4.5 HF2, which suddenly decided to retain the last altitude of an airport and not the first one, a small airfield suddenly was sunk into the ground ...
After altitude update and recompile I found the stubs directly inserted in the Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ folder

Not a big deal, but if we can get rid of this old and bizarre inverted altitude priority...

Regards
Gérard

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - this seems to apply only to the latest version of P3D so all previous versions will still need the inverted priority. It would be helpful if the actual point of change can be confirmed since I would need to know that in order to ignore stub creation. I also need to understand whether the other properties such as airport name are also now handled on the last one wins priority since I suspect that we need to compile the changes in altitude etc into the main airport bgl file for versions of P3D where the change has occurred.

Country
us-newyork
The "inverted priority" for airport elevation is gone but ALT files are still needed to change an airport's name. Or at least that's my experience with P3d 4.5 HF2.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
So an even bigger mess than before. However provided the altitude and airport reference data for the 'ALT' file matches the same data in the main airport file then the sim can sort it out taking the altitude from the airport file (last loaded) and the rest from the ALT file (first loaded). And if LM decide to move more of the stuff to last loaded we don't need to worry about that either. The ALT file might become redundant as some point in the future but its small and does little harm. Once we are sure that nothing is needed from it then we can stop its creation for P3D v4 and later.

1575876526855.png
1575876573282.png

Reference data is read only in the airport properties but changing the data in the Airport Reference Data should also change it in the airport properties. The changes are then compiled into the airport bgl file (or should be) so as of now things should work with P3D v34 taking the altitude from the airport bgl file and the other reference data from the ALT file. Or am I missing something?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
George, there are some updates being made which will stop the error message you see when loading some objects.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is something for Arno to investigate. Since ADE uses MCX code to generate footprints I would expect both ADE and MCX to get it wrong