• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.79 P3D V5 custom buildings

Country
germany
I tried to change the AFCAD file from an P3D V4 airport with ADE. First I opened the ad4 file and load stock data. But now there are also my custom buildings are shown, which are bgl files in the scenery folder of the airport. When I remove with ADE and compile, they are gone in P3D V5.

When I use the same scenery in P3D V4, the buildings are visible. When I delete the new compiled files and use the old bak files, my buildings are still not visible in P3D V5.

When this is not caused by the ADE files, where did ADE change it, so the buildings are not visible in P3D V5?
How can I get them back?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am not sure what is happening. If you loaded stock data then if you don't want them in your airport you need to delete those new stock objects in the project file so they are excluded when you compile. I don't understand what you mean with your custom buildings. If they are in the project file you compiled for v5 then they should appear if you have copied the library that contains them into an active scenery area . So there are two issues I think

Country
germany
During loading stock data ADE must also load some data from other bgl libraries and if they are deleted in ADE, this is not stored in the new compiled file. Because, when using an old compiled file, the buildings are now also not visible. But the other bgl files of the scenery are also not changed.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If that is your building then it is a stock building in OBX81180.bgl. I cannot understand how a custom building gets into a stock bgl file. One very important thing is that v5 is very different than v4. between v1 and v4 LM did not change the stock files in any meaningful way. In v5 they recompiled them all and there are many new and different buildings.

You say you added the building via Instant Scenery. so presumably there is a separate bgl file containing it and it was not placed by, and will not therefore show, in ADE.

I do not think that building you show is your building but it could be co -located with your building and the micro exclude that ADE creates to remove the stock building is also removing yours. Is it possible to move the placement of your building via Instant Scenery by say 20 meters or more? If so then perhaps you will see it,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What is not installed? I am now very lost

Country
germany
And the aerosoft airport is not added to the list of sceneries in P3D V5. And it is not installed in P3D V5, only months ago for V4.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have absolutely no idea. I have never seen anything like this before and I can think of no mechanism in ADE which would do it. However It looks like you are not using the default folder for your v5 installation. Mine is C:\program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery\601\scenery.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I hope that someone else can come in and offer some guidance here. Based on your original question
  • You have a terminal building which you placed using Instant Scenery and is in a separate bgl file
  • When stock data is loaded into the P5 project it shows a stock building where your custom building could be
  • ADE creates micro excludes covering the reference point of stock objects. This allows the user to deleted the building in ADE and is is excluded in the sim
  • That exclusion is the only thing that I can think would stop your custom building showing. I have asked you if you can move it via Instant scenery to see if they exclude is to blame. These excludes are quite small. If you have not done that then please try
  • I do not understand the other stuff about stock airports loading third party addons - I have never seen it and don't know how it could happen. ADE loads the file it is told to load.
  • The only other thing is that your patch to P3D v5 is not the default one and gives no indication of what version of stock files you are loading
  • ADE does not add files of its own nor does it write to stock folders unless a user tells it to

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I'm wondering if somewhere you pointed P3Dv5 to the scenery folder of P3Dv4 in some way?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is the stock airport. All the buildings blue and yellow are stock buildings. Looks the same as yours

1587746672675.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you use the latest just released version of 1.79.7422 and then load RKSS from stock the tool tip will tell you where the object came from and also whether it is a stock placement (that is comes from a stock file provided as part of P3D v5

1587979654087.png

Country
germany
Oh, I'm so stupid. The reason was SODE did not load this terminal. Do not know why, but P3D V5 was activated in SODE Manager. But than it was not shown in P3D V5. Now it is visible. So, the problem seems solved.
You can put it to the first of it, so people do not waste time;-)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Oh, I'm so stupid. The reason was SODE did not load this terminal. Do not know why, but P3D V5 was activated in SODE Manager. But than it was not shown in P3D V5. Now it is visible. So, the problem seems solved.
You can put it to the first of it, so people do not waste time;-)

The main thing is that you found the issue :)