• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 17 Released

Country
us-california
@SMWilliams. You can rename a full taxiway by going to list mode. Next, sort the list by taxiway name(A,B...). Then select the specific taxiway letter and edit. ADE also has a group select shortcut which you can use to select all the taxiway links in a taxiway.

There is also a utility for validating taxiway sign integrity but it has not be updated for MSFS:

Can you explain how to get into list mode? I have been clicking on each link of the taxiway to change the designation, its super slow that way.. Never had so many messed up taxiways like in MSFS.

Country
norway
Can you explain how to get into list mode? I have been clicking on each link of the taxiway to change the designation, its super slow that way.. Never had so many messed up taxiways like in MSFS.
"List" menu -> Taxi Links.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Are you referring to painted lines?

Country
us-northcarolina
@Jazzmog This was a problem for me as well. Click Lists in the menu bar then click Taxi Links in the dropdown menu. Click the name heading to sort by the Taxi Name. Find the name that you want to change, select the first one then scroll down. Shift select the last one then click the Edit button. Now you can change the taxi name. Before you do all of this List the Taxi Designators using the same menu and Add a new designator with the letter you need. You have to be careful not to rename one to a designator that already exists or you will have a mess with two taxiways having the same designator. Good luck fixing that. It is cumbersome but doable. It would be easier if you could simply change the letter in the Taxi Designators list and let the software protect you from this. Good Luck.

Country
us-california
Are you referring to painted lines?
I am referring to the editing of Painted Red Mandatory Hold Position surface markings, they are the red boxes with the runway numbers at the hold short position to a runway at FAR 139 Airports. KLGB has one that says Runway 12-30 in an approach surface to runway 26L, its just wrong..

I also want to add some on another runway where they are missing?

Last edited:
Country
us-california
Do you guys know if the No Entry signs ⛔️ work? I TRIED TO PLACE TWO THAT ARE AT OUR AIRPORT AND THEY ARE JUST YELLOW SIGN BOXES ON BOTH SIDES? Not sure if it was a glitch or not woeking?

Country
unitedkingdom
Do you guys know if the No Entry signs ⛔️ work? I TRIED TO PLACE TWO THAT ARE AT OUR AIRPORT AND THEY ARE JUST YELLOW SIGN BOXES ON BOTH SIDES? Not sure if it was a glitch or not woeking?
Mine wasn't working, so I changed to a bigger size sign and it worked (I did close the programme, to go have my lunch, then reopened the project, so perhaps that made the programme re-read the file), either way it compiled and shows in the sim.

Country
us-california
Is there a way to see the taxiway designations on map? to see if there are any errors? I had atc try to direct me to the runway and it was a mess, like taxi, K, L,D,D,L,A,D.

I

Country
unitedkingdom
Is there a way to see the taxiway designations on map? to see if there are any errors? I had atc try to direct me to the runway and it was a mess, like taxi, K, L,D,D,L,A,D.

I
If you open the taxiway list, sort them by designation, then click on each one, it'll show you where they are, that way you can see if one is in the wrong place.

What I also did was build the scenery and copied to the community folder, then I started little map, reloaded the data base, then zoomed in on my airport and snipped it then printed it out

Attachments

• k7GyA-5d6on2y4hvxhqbjng74jeo3p.jpg
    k7GyA-5d6on2y4hvxhqbjng74jeo3p.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 116
Country
us-california
Mine wasn't working, so I changed to a bigger size sign and it worked (I did close the programme, to go have my lunch, then reopened the project, so perhaps that made the programme re-read the file), either way it compiled and shows in the sim.
I did size 1 and size 2 no luck, just a yellow sign.
I made a work around for now, did the red sign panel, with White [-] it looks like a no entry sign kind of...

What was MS thinking when they made yellow sign boxes with yellow back panels, they are black in most airports on the back. It would be nice if they had double sided information siigns, as my airport has lots of them that way, so its hard to replicate..

Last edited:
Country
us-california
If you open the taxiway list, sort them by designation, then click on each one, it'll show you where they are, that way you can see if one is in the wrong place.

What I also did was build the scenery and copied to the community folder, then I started little map, reloaded the data base, then zoomed in on my airport and snipped it then printed it out
How do you get that map up? that would be great... Sorry if I don’t know all the ins and outs of MSFS or ADE...

Country
us-california

I can not find the area you are talking about, Im in here, I see lists, but do not see taxiways. I see taxi Designations, Links, points and signs, not I am unable to sort any of them to get a map...

Any way you could explain more?

Country
unitedkingdom
I can not find the area you are talking about, Im in here, I see lists, but do not see taxiways. I see taxi Designations, Links, points and signs, not I am unable to sort any of them to get a map...

I made the map using a programme called little nav map, and doing a screenshot

Country
us-california
Ill have to figure that out somehow, thought it had something in the program itself. I need to still fix my routes, got some fixed, but its slow going checking each segment.

Country
sweden
Report - if you want that kind of reactions.

Opening default LSZH is no longer a problem with the alpha 17.
Jetways are represented by a symbol, but these can only be moved, not oriented in new directions. It would be helpful if the footprint of a jetway showed size and could be set in different directions.

If it is possible it would be useful if footprints of library objects or models were displayed.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

Not in Lists

In the main Menu Area you need to select the Drop Down for Taxi Designators/Names

1615023477058.png

Select the one you are interested in

Links associated with the selected item are marked with a red background

1615023678768.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I see that the answer related to lists was a different approach.

1615024197333.png

ADE will center on the selected link in the list but it may not be that easy to find

Country
us-california
Not in Lists

In the main Menu Area you need to select the Drop Down for Taxi Designators/Names

View attachment 70169

Select the one you are interested in

Links associated with the selected item are marked with a red background

View attachment 70170
That did the trick, thank you very much, I was trying to go segment to segment, and running the mouse over it, That found issues I had missed!!!!

Thanks again Scruffy Duck for the software and the help!!!