• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 18 Custom Models Bug

Country
turkey
Thanks for your effort and this great app.
I installed fresh alpha18 and made new airport from stock (deleted the old one with alpha-17)
Unfortunately, I am not able to load the gltf models anymore (where I was able to load in alpha-17)
Using the same procedure which I save them within the lists-model, then add them by add - model function. For your information.
(Note: My PC settings are US culture settings, as previous)
Thanks.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for your effort and this great app.
I installed fresh alpha18 and made new airport from stock (deleted the old one with alpha-17)
Unfortunately, I am not able to load the gltf models anymore (where I was able to load in alpha-17)
Using the same procedure which I save them within the lists-model, then add them by add - model function. For your information.
(Note: My PC settings are US culture settings, as previous)
Thanks.
Probably best to keep the alpha 17 project. I am not sure what you did - did you create a new project and in alpha 18 and add your models to it or open a copy of the alpha 17 project. When you say you can't load the glTF models what do you mean?

Country
turkey
Probably best to keep the alpha 17 project. I am not sure what you did - did you create a new project and in alpha 18 and add your models to it or open a copy of the alpha 17 project. When you say you can't load the glTF models what do you mean?
Thanks for your reply.
I deleted alpha 17 and deleted the old projects done with alpha 17 (no problem, they were small projects)
Installed fresh alpha 18. Opened the airport from stock. And tried to add the gltf models to the model list but it was not successfull. It gives error (standard ADE report error window) and ADE crashes to desktop.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for your reply.
I deleted alpha 17 and deleted the old projects done with alpha 17 (no problem, they were small projects)
Installed fresh alpha 18. Opened the airport from stock. And tried to add the gltf models to the model list but it was not successfull. It gives error (standard ADE report error window) and ADE crashes to desktop.
I think there is a problem with custom models. I may not have fixed the code correctly for them when I changed the filing of model footprints. I think I need do some fixing :(

Country
unitedstates
Your models haven't moved. This is what happens when using a project file in a new alpha version of ADE. Since the model footprints are lost, they are just shown with a rectangle with the model center at one corner of the rectangle. Look for a red dot after selecting the rectangle. I have the same problem and can only cure it by deleting the model from the airport and the model list after marking the center. When the model is added back to the list and placed on the airport again, the footprint shows correctly. Unfortunately, the add model to list is currently broken, so there is no way to correct until the problem is fixed. As I understand the update notes, the problem with losing model footprints is one of the things fixed so that the problem will not continue going forward after this alpha.
Ok. Thanks. Will do when the adding models list get fixed. Again, great program, Jon.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This should be fixed now. Please note that your objects may appear to be 180 deg out of the expected heading. This is deliberate from Asobo. I made a fudge but had to take it out and so far not found a reliable solution