• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Public Alpha Release

Country
australia
I have just downloaded and installed ADE. It is looking for the 'Content' file location. What is content?
I have the Microsoft version, and the wonderful little wizard found all the other Folder items ok.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
content is the folder you specified for it when you installed MSFS for the first time. it contains the official and community folders. did you restart ADE after you completed the wizard as per the installation notes

Country
australia
Hi Jon, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did restart, that is how I got the message saying ADE had an issue with this folder. Now I understand what 'content' means, I found the original installation folder, and pointed the ADE content folder to it, and now, ADE appears happy and no subsequent warning message.
OK, before embarking on my first ADE project in MSFS, I am reading the user guide you provided...very helpful.

Attachments

• ASD CONTENT.JPG
    ASD CONTENT.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 156
Country
unitedstates
Thanks Jon, I never expected you to get this done so quickly, thanks so much for all your efforts...

So many airports to clean up... so little time :)

Country
us-missouri
I know I am late for the party, (Christmas in July?) but thanks for your hard work on this. I will download it and check it out.