ADE and SketchUP object

Hi all, I've tried following numerous guides on how to do this. I have a hangar I made in SketchUP with it's own texture files. I want to be able to import this hangar into ADE. I've followed multiple guides to the T but each time the airport scenery reverts to the default scenery.

Here is my methods:
Export SketchUP object as .dae
Import to ModelConverterX
Convert textures to .dds
Export as .MDL
Make folders scenery and texture. - Load .dds files into texture folder
---
Open LibraryCreaterXML
Create new library
Select exported .MDL
Save and compile as BGL.
---
Open ADE
Go to library manager
add new file
select compiled BGL
Position on airport
Compile airport
---
Take airport BGL file and put into FSX addon scenery - Airport name - Scenery folder
Take .ddl files and put them into FSX addon scenery - airport name - textures folder
---
Open FSX and load new scenery files
---
When the sim loads, the default scenery is loaded, without my sketchUp building. :\

Any help is appreciated

Hello:

Be certain to spell the folder containing your mapped object textures as "Texture" (not 'textures' plural). ;-)

GaryGB
Thank you Gary! It looks like this was a typo in the posting, as the folders in the FSX directory are correctly labeled texture.

I feel that it has something to do with importing the BGL object into ADE, as it only selects the BGL of the hangar and not the textures, and I am not sure if that is correct or not.

Any ideas?

The library object bgl that you made in Library Creator also needs to be in your airport name scenery folder and your airport must be made active in your scenery library.

Thank you edphipps, after much trouble I have some more information for everyone.
For some reason even with just default buildings I must select 'cache scenery' rather than 'use scenery directly' in FSX for the new scenery to show up at all.
If I dare import the BLG file as a library object to ADE and place the object - export etc. The scenery defaults directly to default, no matter which setting I choose when loading the scenery.

However, if I import just the MDL file, I get only the outline of the roof:
Capture22.JPG

I have everything imaginable in the Airport scenery folders. The file structure is like this
Addon Scenery - Scenery - Airport Name:
Scenery folder- ADE Airport.BLG ; ADE Airport_CVX.blg; All .dds texture files for good measure; Hangar3.MDL; Hangar3.BGL for good measure
Texture folder- All .dds files

Does anyone have any ideas?

Yes, take Airport Name folder with it's two subfolders, scenery and texture and move it up one level. The Airport Name folder should just be in the Addon Scenery folder. Then go into settings-other settings click on Scenery Library and add your Airport Name. Once you do this you should see a check mark in the box showing that it is active. Only place the hangar by one method in ADE. Either as a model or as a library object. If you place your hangar in ADE as a model then the necessary code will be included with ADE Airport.BLG. Either way you don't need to put the file Hangar3.MDL into the scenery folder. You do need to put the .dds files into the texture folder no matter which method you use to place the hangar in ADE.

Okay, this is properly doing my head in. So I recompiled the project from sketchup using the MDL method for ADE.
I followed those instructions and this time it came up with a scenery.cfg saying it expected something else or some message. BUT that time it loaded the hangar properly!
So I moved the hanger into it's final position in ADE, saved and re-compiled....Guess what...NOW I'M BACK TO THE SAME ROOF ISSUE AS ABOVE?!?!

What the heck?! One time it works perfect, then never again for mankind to see?! Ugh it's seriously busting my brain out of my head lol.

This is what it looked like the whole 1 time it loaded before it vanished again...... :(
capture22.JPG

Crippy, two things to check. Is your new bgl in the correct folder and have you cleared out the Addon Scenery/scenery folder so that the sim isn't trying to display the same airport's bgls from two different bgls?

Crippy, two things to check. Is your new bgl in the correct folder and have you cleared out the Addon Scenery/scenery folder so that the sim isn't trying to display the same airport's bgls from two different bgls?
First off, thank you for the replies! Without your help I would just be giving up.

So each time when I use the MDL method to import the building in ADE, I simply delete the old files in the airport scenery folder, and then copy the new BGL files ADE spits out, after a compile operation. There is 2 BGL files it spits out, one is the big one, and then a smaller one with a _CVX extension ( I believe this is for the added ground polys). I then usually remove the scenery folder from inside the scenery browser in FSX, and then add it again just to make sure it will refresh inside FSX.

I am not exactly sure why, but I must always select 'cache scenery' and sometimes that does not work (Seems very finicky). I was just baffled yesterday. All I did was move the hangar in ADE, save, and compile (and exchange old / new files) and the hangar as no more.

Crippy, If you don't mind attach your ADE project file (the one that ends with .ad4), your model file, and your texture files and I will look at your airport in FSX and see if I can duplicate your result.

Crippy, If you don't mind attach your ADE project file (the one that ends with .ad4), your model file, and your texture files and I will look at your airport in FSX and see if I can duplicate your result.
Here is just about everything I have. I've included the original .dae file too if you start from scratch.
BIG Thank you for the help again! Let me know if I can clarify anything for you!

Attachments

Crippy, I didn't get a chance to work on this much Sat. or Sun. but today I at least have a direction. There is something about your airport that is causing the model to be suppressed. I put your model into one of my airports and it was right where I placed it. Then I opened the stock KFYV and made no changes but to add your model. As you can see in the picture there's the hangar. It is significant that with your airport loaded into ADE that the rectangle representing your hangar is a different color than the other models or library objects. Also you should be able to grab the little circle when the model is highlighted and rotate it without the model jumping to a new location when you release the mouse button. I don't see anything obvious that's causing this in your airport project. Later this week I will have more time to investigate.
Ed
Hangar3.jpg

Wow thank you very much edphipps! I have a feeling that the .ad4 project may be for some reason corrupted a bit. Over the last week, I successfully managed to build and then place a custom terminal building at another airport no problem at all! Also without having to cache the scenery either.

However I have not tired with the same hangar object as here - It may be a texture issue, as there are many textures there.

I also noticed when I was playing around with the KFYV hangar, that my custom ground poly was no longer suppression the auto gen trees either. It could be something with that too.

I tried to add the model to your ADE project file several times without being able to do so correctly. I believe that your ADE project file is corrupted. I recommend that you start this airport over again by making a new ADE project file from the default airport. It's probably the fastest and easiest way forward.

Ed