• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE ADE Development Build 1.79.7401

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This build is now available and can be downloaded from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i6xk38ghqjomykp/ade_current_dev.zip/file

It has a few updates including:
  • Fix for invalid com types in FS9
  • Library Object Manager (LOM) now remembers user given object names when updating FS9 libraries
  • Stock data can now be loaded onto a user defined (non stock) airport. This is primarily intended to provide stock naviads for user defined airports
This version forms the basis for the next round of updates. It appears reasonably stable but please use with care.

All feedback much appreciated

Country
us-newyork
Jon,

1. Opened a project in 1.79 DEV that was created in 1.78.
2. Tried to hide various objects but the Hide command is greyed out
3. The unhide menu command is also greyed out.
4. Ran 1.79 DEV again.
5. Opened stock airport (Bagram, since it's the first on the list)
6. Right clicked its tower simobject and Hide is greyed out.

Jay

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Is that a ProKey function? Did you move ProKey into this installation?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
put the ProKey into the new version

Country
indonesia
In the course of my normal workflow, I add the airport to my project list (straight text file), add the description of what I'm doing, copy the description to the clipboard, fire up ADE, load the airport, open File/Airport Properties, paste the clipboard into 'Comments'.
When I do that with 1.79.7401 the clipboard has '3C : 60' in it.
I can go back to my text file and re-copy then paste into ADE and it's fine.
On loading the next airport (I usually do 6 at a time since that's the 'Recent Files' limit), we're back to '3C : 60'.
Again, re-copying and pasting works fine.
Not a disaster, but puzzling.

Edit: This only happens when opening a stock airport, opening an existing AD4 file is fine.
That 3C : 60 is just the tip of the iceberg; See attached...

Attachments

• New Text Document.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think I know what this is. it's related to a bug that I fixed this morning. Some debug code l forgot to turn off. I will release an update soon, hopefully that will fix it.

Country
indonesia
Hang on!
One more.
Settings / Options / Project / Save Projects To:
I have it set to 'Flight Simulator X Files' in my documents folder. no problem.
Settings / Options / Project / Compile:
I have it set 'To Addon Scenery' Radio button checked, Actual directory shows as;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery
This is a valid, existing directory.
Unfortunately ADE compiles to my Projects directory under documents.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
When you installed 1,79 did you import settings across from your current version to the new one?

Country
indonesia
Did indeed.
Then went through the new user setup as the software directed.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - if you transferred Project Settings Files then this may be the cause. Load up a project that is compiling wrong and then go to Help > Diagnostics > Project Settings File. There should be stuff in there. Click Copy button and post to here

Country
indonesia
No need.
Looking carefully at the compile window, I see that the compile folder was set to the documents folder.
'More Options' let me select the correct folder.
Does this not get automatically set from the main Settings / Options / Project window?
Well, obviously not :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
For a new project it is set to the defaults. Older projects will take their data from the project settings file. This is a complex part of ADE which came about when users asked to be able to specify paths by project. Generally it is OK but goes wrong on updates where the project settings paths can refer to the old installation. Gets worse if the old version is deleted.

Country
germany
Hello,
I've some problems with the new Version.

First I had some import Problems from the old Version:
ADE_GP_Compile.ini on the source version so cannot be copied
Could not find XXX\Airport Design Editor\Textures
Could not find XXX\Airport Design Editor\Textures_Dpy

The other big thing:

I found an bug (I think):
A Parkingspot is Named GATE and I want to switch the name to PARKING: this is working, everything ok, Parking is saved
A Parkingspot is named PARKING and I want to switch the name to GATE: this is not working, GATE is not saved, PARKING will be kept?!

Thanks Urmel

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
We are going to depreciate (remove) the import function since it gives rise to many problems.

I can replicate the bug on GATE and Parking. I will see what is going wrong

EDIT - fixed

Last edited:
Country
germany
We are going to depreciate (remove) the import function since it gives rise to many problems.

I like to have some of the import's ;-) That helps a lot when updating. But of course, your choice. Thanks for your great tool.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It will be replaced with something else. Since we changed the method of installation where update is preferred to new installation the new version will be installed on the old one retaining all the settings. There is also planned a backup process which will backup a version in case something goes wrong with the update. So the only reason to do a new installation will be if you are a new user.

Of course you can choose to do a new installation but you may then not get all your settings across since it will be clean and new. I am also aware that some users tend to uninstall ADE if they think something is wrong or they have a problem with a project. In truth it is very unlikely to be the ADE software and users should not voluntarily uninstall and reinstall unless we specifically ask them to.

Country
germany

EDIT - fixed

ok, thanks
but not in this version? Still not working
Regards
Urmel

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No it will be in the next update which should be released this week

Country
indonesia
Trying to open a stock airport and I'm told that the airport is not found even though it's 'already' been found.
I've attached the screenshot and the log file.
If I persist, it will eventually open.
Main-1_14Apr20 at 14-25-57.PNG

Attachments

• Log.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.