FSXA ADE Exclusions

Hey there everyone, well, I have been looking around the forums for a while and seeing problems similar to mine yet i never really was able to draw a conclusive answer.

I am working on an airport in ADE and I have autogen appearing in my aprons. I have tried creating exclusion polygons of all different types, I have tried loading stock data, I have tried making the size bigger and nothing happens. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Even the flatten doesn't change the surrounding terrain.

Just so you all know, I am editing the default Lukla (VNLK)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!:cool:

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If this is for FSX then you need to use a terrain exclusion polygon to remove autogen.

Issue Persists

If this is for FSX then you need to use a terrain exclusion polygon to remove autogen.
Hey Jon, I greatly appreciate your reply. I am using a terrain exclusion polygon, at least i think i am. I have tried multiple types, yet nothing works. There are still two houses and a grouping of trees inside of my apron. I think the Flatten Exclude Autogen worked once with eliminating the houses, yet the trees stayed, and nothing else eliminates anything. Also, the terrain is not flattened where it needs to be. I am using version 1.47.07 if that is of any help.

I will attach the airport file and a picture just to provide as much information as I can.

Thank you so much for the dedication to your product and to your followers :eek:

--Alex

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I will look. Are you sure the buildings are autogen and not generic buildings of some sort?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I am not seeing any trees or buildings on the apron but I do have some real terrain mesh problems with a very large hole. This seems to be because the altitutde for the flatten is 0m and the airport is at 3048m. Changing the altitude for the airport background poly to 3048 and recompiling resulted in a perfectly good airport with no trees or buildings in the apron and no holes in the terrain.

Change the altitude of the background poly, recompile and see if that solves your issue. If the trees etc are still there then it may be that you have some conflicting addon scenery for this airport or area?

Fixed!

Hey Jon, thank you so much for your rapid replies. I was able to make the scenery work. Sorry that the altitude was wrong on the file i sent you, i never noticed because the poly wasn't doing anything. I ended up removing some other add-on scenery that i didn't want anymore and i moved the .bgl files of this airport to the Addon Scenery folder. Now it is working great. I appreciate your help and patience! ADE ROCKS!

Have a wonderful day,
Alex

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Alex

Good to know it is working now. We always test using a clean version of FS without other addons ;)