FS2004 ADE Fuel trigger settings

Hi
Could someone explain the fuel trigger settings in ADE, eg AV073, AV087, AV100 etc. For some reason the FS2004 default Cessna is working fine but i cant get it to work on my Captain Sim C130. By default all are currently set to NO, I am not sure if i have select any from the 2 columns.

Many thanks
Darrell.

section 14.5 of the ADE user manual covers Fuel Triggers.
Cessna 172's use AvGas100 (100LL normally but its depending on the year and type engine) typically its AVGAS rated above 91 but no more than 130, as it can cause component failure or even melt the piston rings due to heat with higher grades.
Not sure if the sim uses AV87 or AV100 for the cessna

C130 with the Allison T86 uses JP-8/F-34 which is very close to Jet-A so as long as you have Jet-A available at the field it should work unless CapSim used carrier capabilities to determine fuel grade, which could be set to multiple levels, like Jet-5 (fighter fuel available on carriers and airbases)
I just browsed the 133 page manual for the CAPSIM c130 and found no mention of fuel type, if there is I missed it.

Link to AvGas Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avgas

Link to Jet fuel Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fuel

Allison T56 engine wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allison_T56

Last edited:
Many thanks for the reply Kevin,

Got it working, but i noticed it is very hit and miss if it works, maybe there is a bug in Fs2004 or C130.
I will add some markings on the ground for my parking spot to ensure same position each time then experiment to see if i can improve things a bit.

Regards
Darrell.

Hi Kevin

I think i have found the reason. I read in a post on this forum, that the engines must be shut down for it to work. Tried it and it works every time. A bit of a pain to get the engines restarted though on C130 lol.

Regards
Darrell.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Kevin

I think i have found the reason. I read in a post on this forum, that the engines must be shut down for it to work. Tried it and it works every time. A bit of a pain to get the engines restarted though on C130 lol.

Regards
Darrell.
This makes perfect sense of course - unless you are under fire then it would be very foolish to have the engines running with all that fuel about :eek: and even then I think I would prefer to duck the incoming than have the fuel go up as it gets loaded.......

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thank Kevin I am ex Navy so fueling has a whole different meaning to me ;)

Thank Kevin I am ex Navy so fueling has a whole different meaning to me ;)
Bet this brings back memories
"Make sure you duck LOW. And stay out of the intake, Im not cleaning up the mess after your butt gets sucked through the engine!"

Her Majesties Royal Navy?
I was rejected for military service a few times by Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce, Coast Guard, Reserves, Natl Guard. Seems like only the Civil Air Patrol will take me :) I take it as God having a different purpose for me.

I wanted to be a pilot in whatever service I entered.