ADE not loading buildings

I'm fairly new to ADE and I searched the forum on this issue but didn't find a solution.

I just installed version v01.78.7298 to modify a freeware airport.
There are two files in the scenery folder:
GMMN_JMS_CVX.bgl
GMMN_JMS.bgl

I loaded GMMN_JMS.bgl which contains the airport but I don't see the terminal building that show in FSX. When I compile the airport without making any changes, the size of new file is about 48kb whereas the original was 150kb.
When the compiled airport is loaded into FSX, the terminal building is absent.
I tried importing the GMMN_JMS_CVX.bgl after importing the airport but no difference

GMMN_JMS.bgl :
Capture1.JPG

Original GMMN_JMS.bgl:
Capture2.JPG

ADE compiled GMMN_JMS.bgl:
Capture3.JPG

Thanks in advance

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can you please attach the original bgl files plus your ADE project file derived from them to a post on this thread. Also it would seem that the original bgl file has black box scenery objects which do not seem to be in the bgl file. If that is the case then the original designer may either have added notes about loading additional library bgl file. Perhaps you have this library?

=rk=

Resource contributor
the original designer may either have added notes about loading additional library bgl file. Perhaps you have this library?
Casablanca (GMMN) Mohammed V Intl Airport, Morocco by JMS Designs

Acknowledgements
Utility (Freeware) - Jon Masterson.........http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk
Ray Smith for his help with the Terminals and for the use of his scenery objects.
JMS Designs
cs88500@gmail.com

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Well on first look there are model files in the main bgl file which will certainly contain the terminal. ADE won't extract those on the principle that if a developer embeds them in a bgl file then he does not want them res-used. I assume that you are not proposing to upload your changes. The copyright is pretty clear that the files should not be altered and uploaded.

What ever we do is not likely to be trivial. Let me take a look

EDIT

There are 13 models in the bgl file. I don't see any textures so presumably they are stock

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK I think this is what you are expecting

1589815304798.png

You will need to extract the models from the original bgl file and then load them back one by one into ADE using the Models List. You can use Bgl2Xml to extract the models. I think there may be other decompilers that will do it. I have to go out now but can provide more detailed help if you need it

OK I think this is what you are expecting

View attachment 58008

You will need to extract the models from the original bgl file and then load them back one by one into ADE using the Models List. You can use Bgl2Xml to extract the models. I think there may be other decompilers that will do it. I have to go out now but can provide more detailed help if you need it
Ok thanks. This is what I was trying to get. I'll try this out and let you know.

I managed to extract the models and import them into ADE. I can add them but does that mean I have to replace each model in it's correct position?

EDIT: I saved the project and reloaded and the model objects seem to have appeared in the correct places.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
no the placement is there. When you have all 13 models in ADE save and reload the project. You should see all the black boxes in the display turn pink. Compile it and check all the buildings are visible in the sim.

no the placement is there. When you have all 13 models in ADE save and reload the project. You should see all the black boxes in the display turn pink. Compile it and check all the buildings are visible in the sim.
Yes, that's what I did. Messages crossed! Thanks very much for your help and quick response.

BTW, what is the GMMN_JMS_CVX.bgl file?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
CVX files contain land class. You need to keep that in the sim with your airport bgl file. Make sure to remove the original bgl file so it can't be loaded by the sim

Actually I can see a problem if you plan to move the airport. We don't have the land class in the project file - ADE can't read them only create them. You may need to create a new set of land class and flattens so that your moved airport is flat on the ground and without autogen poking through.