• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 ADE OVERFLOW C2470 Error

Country
spain
Hi all, apologies in advance if this has already been answered but this is the first time I have had ADE come up with this.

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.
The compiler message is shown below
ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSKA_ADE9_BC.xml

FATAL ERROR: Airport Output buffer OVERFLOWERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSKA_ADE9_BC.xml

I contacted John who stated this is a known problem.

He suggested splitting the ADE objects and reducing the scenery object which I have but still get the same message.

Has anyone come across this same problem and any workarounds.

Would be most grateful for any help or advice.

Brian.

Country
spain
Hi Doug. Many thanks.

It tells me I have 1914 Lib Objects.

I have almost completed a fairly large scenery and just the last tweaking to do when the problem arose.

I have reduced quite a few objects but even after doing so the message still pops up regarding the overflow.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If this is for FS9 then there is a limitation in the compiler. ADE for FS9 provides an Extended Compile option which allows you to split up the airport into several bgl files and hopefully stay under the overflow limit. File > Extended Compile

1561106397565.png

Select an option and it will tell you what it will do in the description box. If the airport is large you may need the Complex Split. If after using that you still get an overflow then you will need to reduce some elements until the compiler works. This is not related to ADE but the FS9 Bgl compiler supplied by Microsoft

EDIT
OK - I am repeating myself - I thought I recognised the issue. The solution is not changed. If Complex Split does not work then you will have to reduce some stuff. It may be taxi signs, taxi ways, parking spots or buildings, library objects etc. It is sadly not possible to identify exactly what causes the overflow. MS did not provide a more helpful error message than that which you have seen

Make a copy of the airport project to work on. If you got the error when you did your last tweaking then perhaps you can remember what they were and reverse those out until the compile works again

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello,

That is quite a large number for just an airport or is it just an airport? If your scenery is made up of an airport along with city skyline, I might suggest in separating the scenery into 2 separate ad4 files, one for the airport and another for the surrounding area (if not more).

How many of those objects are using one or more of the same texture? This could also cause an overflow.

Country
spain
Hi Doug.

Its just an American AFB which is pretty large in nature.

There is no skyline.

Not sure how many of the same textures are used but I have reduced and resized the scenery which ADE now seems to accept and will compile without the Overflow Error.

I was maybe a bit over zealous and trying to push the programme too far.

Lesson learnt.

Thanks for all the advice and help.