• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Start Up

Country
unitedkingdom
When I start ADE V 1.65.5432, I am always told "ADE cannot find valid path for FS". I have used all versions of ADE up until this one and never had this problem. I have used the "Options" menu and the "New User Wizard" and still get the same result. ADE still seems to work and still compiles. The guys at Scruffy Duck can't help, can anybody out there find a solution?

GHD

Country
england
I think we need a little more information such as:

Operatting System?

FS9, FSX or P3D?

Registry entries for FS9, FSX and P3D.

Have you tried the Flight 1 Registry Tool to ensure that the registry entries are correct?

Country
unitedkingdom
My operating system is windows 7
I use FSX with SP1 and SP2
I have not used Flight 1 Registry Tool. How would that make a difference? When all previous versions of ADE have run perfectly. And all my other applications run well.

AFX runs well with no problems.

although ADE runs and compiles as usual I just have this annoying message.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am not sure but please go to Settings > Options > Folders Tab. If the entry for the path to the Sim does not have a trailing backslash then try using the Find button. I want to eliminate this.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK This message can be thrown in two different conditions:
  1. If there is no entry in the settings file for the FS Folder and the registry entry cannot be found
  2. If ADE cannot find the Effects folder inside the FS Folder
The second seems more likely in your case since the path to FS looks valid in the log and you would not be able to do much without being able to access FS. Can you please check and make sure that there is an Effects Folder inside the FS Folder.

When I start ADE V 1.65.5432, I am always told "ADE cannot find valid path for FS". I have used all versions of ADE up until this one and never had this problem. I have used the "Options" menu and the "New User Wizard" and still get the same result. ADE still seems to work and still compiles. The guys at Scruffy Duck can't help, can anybody out there find a solution?

This is what you are seeing

fsscr021.jpg

Your Effects Folder as per the next picture has gone missing. Please find it and put it back

fsscr022.jpg

From one of the guys at Scruffy Duck

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
We don't know if this is the cause without confirmation from the OP. However the message displayed is not helpful since it does not mention the Effects Folder. We have updated the message to be more explicit and this will be in the next update.