• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Version 0.13 Build 2683

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Here is an update to the program:

http://www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/ade_013_2683.zip

This has a whole raft of changes including:

Most objects now shown including ILS, Jetways, Ndbs, edgelights and boundary fences

Not sure about the positioning of jetways perhaps someone can make a test or two.

Many objects can be dragged. Some can't eg. Taxiwaypaths, aprons, boundary fences. Taxipaths do not update position during the drag of a node but will snap to the node when the drag is completed. Partly done for performance but mostly cos the update in drag don't work properly :eek: Would be interested in just how important update during drag is for you guys :) ). GlideSlopes don't position correctly when reloaded - known bug.

Updating object attributes in the property box (via double click) will be reflected in the visual model - so size, heading etc should be effective as is changing the surface of a runway, apron etc.

Compiling is now enabled. Save is to the Work Folder as per SDE. Note that you need to set your BglComp Folder close the App and open it again. There is a problem with my settings module (I 'borrowed the code') and it does not save properly until the app is closed. Will change that for future releases of all SDE based applications. Apologies for the inconvenience

Mouse zoom and pan via the middle button is now active.

Apologies no grid yet and also for some of the other requests. I will not forget them :) (please feel free to nag if your request is not getting done!)

All feedback much appreciated.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
A little bug in the new version to report. That is, if one double-clicks on an edge lighting string, the properties window opens. However, upon closing the properties window, the previously open ends of the string are joined.

I also had a crash (I accidentally clicked on something but didn't notice what), but was unable to duplicate. I'll keep trying.

And finally, an observation/opinion. I'm wondering if taxiway centerlines, apron route lines, taxi-edge lighting lines, etc. need to be as wide as they are. I one uses the plumbing method to implement drive-through parking as I have, the centerlines and apron route lines especially tend to cover one another. The runway edge lighting lines seem just too dominant given their color.

Thanks for your efforts,
Don

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Don

I can certainly thin the lines down a bit. Plus I will check what is happening on the edge lights. Thinking on I could probably make the line width a user option

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The edge light bug is fixed. The same problem will occur in Boundary Fences but that is fixed also.

Not sure about the positioning of jetways perhaps someone can make a test or two.

Turn the symbol 90 degrees counter clockwise from what the heading shows.

If the heading of the Jetway is 270 degrees the actual Jetway extends out of the terminal building on a heading of 180 degrees.

I use the left wing of a airplane to set the jetway correctly. What ever TcalcX reports as the Aircraft heading I know the Jetway is going to positioned in the direction of the left wing.

The Lat/Lon of the jetway is the pivot point that sits closest to the Terminal building wall and not the center of the Jetway.

Country
brazil
Moving

Hi, Jon

Very good job.

I have asked if it was possible to add a transparent circle with parking diameter, but it seems it's not approved.

Now, I'm asking if it is possible when moving a node (Taxiway point) the lines linked to that node move too, just to see the final position, before leaving the node.

That is, the lines follow the nodes while the mouse left button is pressed.

Kind regards,

José

Country
newzealand
Wonderful Work Jon
i found the problem same as gadjets, which i see you have now fixed
i can make so many mistakes, a "undo" tag or rollback of some kind would be most helpful for people like me.............:rolleyes:
please add to your list Jon
thanks
Ray

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Turn the symbol 90 degrees counter clockwise from what the heading shows.

If the heading of the Jetway is 270 degrees the actual Jetway extends out of the terminal building on a heading of 180 degrees.

I use the left wing of a airplane to set the jetway correctly. What ever TcalcX reports as the Aircraft heading I know the Jetway is going to positioned in the direction of the left wing.

The Lat/Lon of the jetway is the pivot point that sits closest to the Terminal building wall and not the center of the Jetway.

Thanks Jim - I do not have it right yet then:)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have asked if it was possible to add a transparent circle with parking diameter, but it seems it's not approved.

I will add this Jose. I have not gotten to it yet. I am trying to work out how to offer different options for different users. I have the possibility to show elements in different ways but that is not fully implemented yet.

Now, I'm asking if it is possible when moving a node (Taxiway point) the lines linked to that node move too, just to see the final position, before leaving the node.

That is, the lines follow the nodes while the mouse left button is pressed

I will add that as well but I cannot get the code to work correctly at the moment :eek:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Wonderful Work Jon
i found the problem same as gadjets, which i see you have now fixed
i can make so many mistakes, a "undo" tag or rollback of some kind would be most helpful for people like me.............:rolleyes:
please add to your list Jon
thanks
Ray

Thanks Ray

An undo/redo function is certainly on the list but it may take a little while to get implemented. I generally try to get the basics working first and then add the other bits later.

Thanks Jim - I do not have it right yet then

I realize you aren't there yet but it is looking real good.

Most jetway symbols in ADE based on the published heading will place the symbol parallel to the building. I don't know why MS did not align the jetway with the heading but once you turn the symbol 90 degrees leaving the heading as is then the little rectangle will start to show correctly and extend outward in the correct position.

I will do another check when you update ADE

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Jim

Hopefully they are fixed for the next build. I have moved them about and checked after compile - they seems to stay in the right place and now point out from the building into the parking space

Country
us-arkansas
I was looking at something about jetways and parking spots.

Parking spots are being identified on the mouse over by the properties

ParkingType and Number

However when working with Jetways the ParkingName is also critical.

Okay guys, which is more critical in the initial view

ParkingType

or

Parking Name

I noticed the same thing

Which ever is the most important the parking gate code and the jetway code must be identical. Outside of this the only other way to effectively know the Jetway belongs to the parking spot is using a default FSX plane and hit CTRL J (very time consuming) to see what Jetay moves in what direction.

I prefer if the parking spot is listed as Gate_A1 then the Jetway is listed the same way. Saves a lot of time and also is a visual error check.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I was looking at something about jetways and parking spots.

Parking spots are being identified on the mouse over by the properties

ParkingType and Number

However when working with Jetways the ParkingName is also critical.

I am thinking to link the jetway to the parking spot as a child so that I can use the parent information and also try to avoid errors. At the moment I am just using the name that SDE has but I can generate a new one when the airport is loaded into ADE. Let me add that to the list :)