• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Versions 1.76.6708 Manual Update

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
This is an update ONLY for users with 1.75/1.76 installations. Please don't try to use it with any earlier versions. This is a manual update to address several issues reported or present in the last update:
  • Display size. I have reduced the erroneous main window size back to where it was in previous versions. Any screen display size from 1280 should display the whole width
  • Center mouse button not dragging. I can't replicate this and I am not sure that I have changed anything that will help.
  • Location of Update Reminder data. I discovered that I had set this data to be saved in local version specific settings files. This meant that it you ran ADE for different versions then you would need to set your reminder settings again. I have fixed this so that the data is now stored in the global settings file. Your Update reminder settings will go back to default so you will need to set them again
  • Generating Detailed Footprints. Some models generated an error. This is a bug that had been fixed by Arno but ADE did not have the latest files. This update provides a new set of files from Arno to work with footprints
  • Recompiled to .NET 4. This is probably not of much general interest but .NET 4 is the basis for most of the work done by Arno and Don and used in ADE. Fixing the footprint bug listed above required ADE using these files. You should not see any difference but if you get problems please let us know and we will check the compile as well as everything else.
You may want to backup Airport Design Editor.exe, jmCommonLib.dll and jmSEDLib.dll before copying the contents of the zip file into your 1.75/76 installation.

The zip download is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2brq4cw22cvsem4/ade_176_6708_manual_patch.zip

Jon,

Sorry... Not understanding what is going on if this is my system or not...
(Have to mention that I was notified by my PC that W10 had been updated earlier today)
Applied your patch right now, but problem still the same...
Title bar OK, going from title at the left to the Close "X" at the right.
Only under the title bar, the software main window :
* the menu bar goes out of screen on the right - what I can read on the right side is just "Aut" (understand the Autoconnect statement)
* bottom two lines (in grey) look OK
* the graphic window where the airport is displayed looks OK also (getting a vertical blue line on the right edge of this window)
* the program obviously works, although I can apparently not autoconnect (my aircraft is not displayed inside ADE although P3D4 is running...)

Philippe :confused:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can you please provide a screenshot Phillipe? Also can you please check the Display Resolution for your computer. Right Click on an empty part of your desktop and select Display Settings:

1526312321444.png

What does your Screen Resolution say. Mine is

1526312385193.png

Jon,

My display settings :

display settings-2018-may-14-001.jpg

This is the maximum resolution my monitor can accept
Nom IIyama PL1902 on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Résolution actuelle 1280x1024 pixels (present resolution)
Résolution de travail 1280x994 pixels (work resolution)
Etat Activé, Principal
Largeur de l'écran 1280 (screen width)
Hauteur de l'écran 1024 (screen height)
Points par pouce de l'écran 32 bits par pixel (ppp)
Fréquence de l'écran 60 Hz (refresh rate)

My ADE display :

display settings-2018-may-14-003.jpg

It shows (Pro) and I can access the Move airport option...
I assume only the menu bar goes too far right

Thank you for your help

Philippe

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Ramasr & Ed - thanks for spotting that issue with the ProKey. I need to put that in my list of fixes. I also think that prokey.dll is currently compiled for 3.5 so maybe compiling it for 4 might also fix it?

Maybe Jon, it will be the correct solution, maybe. I'm not Net Framework guru with it's types of problems and questions. But if You said that ProKey file was compiled for 3.5 then maybe compiling it for 4 will fix that problem.

ADE Versions 1.76.6708 Manual Update

I thought that the title of this topic referred to a new ADE manual :eek:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Good catch George. I will need to be more careful about this in the future

How do I update 1.67.5684.29938? I tried running your checklatest exe and it says there is a potential virus per Avast. I cannot find any update. The latest says it will only work for 1.75 or 1.76.

Avast said today it was a false alert. The file is OK.
The latest says it will only work for 1.75 or 1.76.

How do I update my older version? Thanks, Bob.

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
I am pretty sure the antivirus warned you of a "potential threat." Unsigned or unrecognized .exe's will cause antivirus software to issue a warning, just like they do with Windows 7, because once running, they can cause changes to the computer state that the software can't protect against. The only possible protection is to alert you, the user, to personally examine the software and approve it's use, before starting it.