• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Adelaide & Sydney X Update's

Country
australia
Hey Guys,

I've just been working on updates for both Adelaide and Sydney V2.0, here is a little preview but both will be available real soon and free to all customers.

Adelaide for P3D is not the only update... FSX users will also benefit from V1.2 with better performance and reworked effect based taxiway lights. I had a few customers ask me about whether I could make it so that the taxiway lights turn on earlier with the runway lights, this will do that.

If anyone here has had problems with making lights using FSX effects as well as changing the colour of the effect feel free to email me, I'm happy to help.

Anyway here are three screenshots from P3D.

Aaron

n1ec8k.jpg

2enckcm.jpg

29l1kzs.jpg

New effect based taxiway lights for FSX

14kcqbq.jpg

1zvd4w9.jpg

Last edited:
Country
australia
Sydney V2.0 (FSX) will also be available real soon, free for all existing customers.

Sydney V2.0 brings lots of redevelopment and new features to show Sydney closer to how it looks today. Those who fly Virgin will love V2.0 thanks too the new terminal expansion now being present with all new gate models.

Here are a few previews showing some of the work done:)

Aaron

vqnl8m.jpg

t5r9xz.jpg

v63c0o.jpg

10h2ag8.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
This looks great!

You are using effect based taxiway lights instead of texture based ones?

Country
australia
Thank you!

Yes the FSX version of Adelaide uses the effect based lighting for runways and taxiways now (screenshot 4/5). In terms of performance... no difference.

Aaron

Country
australia
Hi, Looking very nice! I see you have modeled the city for Sydney. Flytampa will be releasing YSSY in a few months time, how about focusing a lot on the city and making a stand alone installer? many people including me would love to have the city with flytampa Sydney airport.

Country
australia
Hello Belal,

Thanks for your comment

The city is not part of my Sydney product, I'm running FTX Australia so perhaps they have done some upgrades. I have only done the airport and shipping terminal nearby.

Hope that helps

Aaron