AeroFly FS 2 support in scenProc

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,
You could try to use the same bounding box from the ImportOGR step also in the SplitGrid step. That usually works for me.

But there will be no splitting; the problem is for a 0.25x0.25° area, there are more than 10.000.000 trees; i will set the ImportOGR bounding box same as GRID bounding box to keep not to big files;
i used to create a batch of 16 tasks (0.25°x0.25°) for 1 degree square, now it will be 400 tasks ! And the batch generator only accept only LOD values ! and each run will reload the big shape file.
I will try ! (and no method to change destination file with batch variable ?)
Thanks

And the problem of overwriting file is still present (i just tried as you said, and it create extra cell for "exiting" polygons. These files will be overwritenby more recents tasks .
The only solution is to move and rename file between each task.
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

In general you need to use the same bounding box in ImportOGR and in SplitGrid if you want to ensure that you only have features inside that area. It doesn't matter that the bounding box is for a 0.25 degree area, while you split in 0.05 degree tiles.

You can only have issues with conflicting names if in different batch jobs you process the same tiles. But if you set the bounding boxes correctly that should never happen.

No, the problem is shapefile polygones having a part outside ImportOGR area; there is an important side effect.
- if i "grid" the area they are not included in the area (nor the part inside the area, nor the part outside) and i have hole in my result.
- if the grid exclude them, they are not splitted and additional cells are created if their center is outside the area; but these additional cells/files can be overwritten by further jobs of the batch files with neighbours areas, or they can overwritten previous jobs neigbour areas.
- if the grid is same area as ImportOGR area, they are splitted, their "inner" part is in the area and the parts out of area are in additional cells with same problems of overwrite. I tested and i obtain 6 part/tsc file; the target one is the bottom-center, others results from "exiting" polygons.
Thanks for very much the time you take to answer my ennoying questions.

Nb : i used the PlacePointsAlongLine function to place power lines pylone, but they were 90° mis-oriented; could you implement an offset angle (i think this question was submitted, but i didnt found answer)
-

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can you show the script you used? Either you must have found a bug or there is a mistake in your script.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I had a look at the script with the test data you attached, but I'm not sure I can reproduce the issue.

When I run the script with that test data initially I see that the data is split in 6 grid cells, although with the bounding area in the ImportOGR step and the SplitGrid size of 0.25 you would only suspect 1 cell. But that is because some polygons stick out. If I put the same bounding area in the SplitGrid step as well, so that I becomes like the line below, it works fine here, I get one grid cell and only one TSC/TOC file is written.

Code:
SplitGrid|0.25|2.75;3.00;42.25;42.50
So to me it seems like it is behaving like it should. Or do you think I test it wrong?

Wow, I never tested this combination ! You are true !
I tested
Code:
ImportOGR|D:\Geo\TEST.shp|@0@|NATURE|AUTODETECT
SplitGrid|0.05|@0@
and all is fine : the area is gridded with correct area, "inner" part of polygones are present, no new extra cells out of area, and batch mode is working !

ScenProc2.jpg

Thank you very much.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Your code should also work. You have a smaller split size, but also in that case nothing outside the bounding area should be given. Only you get 25 instead of 1 cell.