AFLT4 Beta

gadgets

Resource contributor
As I hinted in this forum a while back, I have been working on a much-improved version of Airfield Lights Toolbox (AFLT4). The new version sports an intelligent graphical interface that supports the specification of custom lighting for any airport surface or, indeed, for an entire airport (though the results may need a little "tweaking") with only a few mouse clicks. The need to place custom lights individually as part of the airport definition or to specify light arrays in text files will be a thing of the past. I also hope to significantly reduce FPS-impact. While the project is not yet complete, it is at a stage where meaningful evaluation can be undertaken.

I will be travelling for the next few weeks, but I hope to essentially complete the project while I'm away. In the meantime, to reduce final testing time and to ensure all the necessary user-functionality, I would appreciate receiving feedback on the user interface. (Since object library generation is not yet functional, you won't be able to see the results in FlightSim. But, the GUI tells you everything you need to know about light positioning and characteristics.) I believe the project as it now stands will be fully representative of the final version.

To that end, a beta version of the project is available at http://stuff4fs.com/Applications/AFLT4_Beta/Downloads. The download archive includes an extensive user manual.

Because I will be travelling with only limited Internet access, I may not receive or be able to respond to your comments in a timely fashion, nor will I be able to make frequent updates. But, if you are interested in having such capability in the near future, it will be helpful if you download the beta version and let me know what you think.

Please communicate with me via e-mail; it will be difficult for me to check for forum posts. Also, because of communication difficulties, please do not ask casual questions (time for that when the project is complete), or seek support until after you have consulted the user manual.

Don