• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AFLT4 Enhances the Realism of your Airports

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
At long last, I am pleased to announce the release of Version 4.2.nn. It is available from here. Click the Latest General Release menu item.

Version 4.2 contains a complete redesign of the handling of taxiways and taxiway lighting which really will allow you to add 3D models for all your existing airport lighting with only a few mouse clicks. As well, if you have been unable to make your FlightSim lighting reflect the real-world, AFLT allows you to:
  • perform many customizations not available with stock Flightsim lights
  • adjust the visible range of the lights, including increasing their visible range well beyond that of stock lights
  • include light types not available with stock lighting, e.g., wigwags and navigational beacons.
Like any new product immediately following release, AFLT 4.2 is likely to be a bit "tender". Tom Gibson has done yeoman service in helping me find and fix issues as they arose. However, I expect there will be additional "bugs" discovered. If that's your situation, please don't be discouraged. Send me a description of your problem, including the details of any unmanaged exceptions thrown, and your project folder (defined in the user manual). I'll do my best to resolve any issues quickly.

Please note, if you are a user of Version 4.1.16 or earlier, you must delete the file Placements.xml from your Project Folder (see the user manual for a description) before running AFLT 4.2. Otherwise, all you'll see are the earlier-programmed lights. Unless you've done extensive work with an earlier version, you should be able to re-implement in only a few minutes.

Finally, you may see a few artifacts among your taxiways. Don't bother reporting those. I will continue to work to eliminate them.

Enjoy,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted a new General Release 4.2.08 at http://stuff4fs.com . It contains numerous minor fixes and improvements, including the elimination of artifacts and reduced execution speed. This new release completes the development of AFLT as I had intended.

But, there are still a few things I hope to improve, in particular, the placement of edge lights along taxiways. Currently, the spacing of lights on one side of a taxiway may be different or staggered from that on the other. While that is also that case with stock lighting, I believe AFLT's light placement can be made more realistic. Nonetheless, this latest version of AFLT4 will add significant realism to your airports, allowing you to extend the visible range of airport lighting and to create new types of lighting and make lighting adjustments not otherwise available.

Enjoy,
Don