• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AFS2 help needed on ScenProc

Country
france
Hi
You may help me maybe.
I've dowloaded AFS2 till one week and thank's to France VFR addon, it'a pleasure to fly near Paris.
My airfield is located at Chartres Airport (center of France), and i would like to make cultivation in this part of the map. The FVFRV addon's get just photoscenery.
I try to use ScenProc (both V2 and V3) and "aerofly_rodeo init file" with osm data around Chartres, but during compilation, i have a error message : not enouh argument on PolygonToPoint.
The variable should have this syntax :" PolygonToPoint|filter|mode|stepx;stepy|randomx;randomy|type;attribute|value|headingAttr|options".
The bold variables are new variables for me and i didn't see any explanation on the manual.

Do you have any idea to fix it, if you have a source file to send me or an example, it would be great...
Thx from France

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Sounds like the script is missing an argument, it was probably made for an older step. Can you show the script you use?

Country
france
Many thx Arno.
First, thank you very much to give us the opportunity to make nice sceneries.
I used Scenpro and MCX for P3D and FSX, it's a real pleasure for me to be able to create my own sceneries to prepare my flight...

I've tried with files from a video and from topic on Aerofly forum. (
) from Karl-Heinz Roeder

- "Template_ver7.txt" and "aerofly_rodeo.txt" seems to work with other people (but tests were done in 2017, 2018...)

- "AFS_Test3.txt" is the test i've done to have no errors reports, but i've no idea about the type;attribute|value|headingAttr variables effect !

Thx again
Regards
Pascal

Attachments

• Template_ver7.txt
    50.1 KB · Views: 124
  • aerofly_rodeo.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 133
  • AF2_Test3.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 119

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The PolygonToPoint step was only added last month or so. So results from one or two years ago would be with a different script. I'll check the files you attached.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The two other scripts that you attached are a bit older, as they are not valid for the current version of scenProc. Steps sometimes get additional functionalities, for which more arguments are required.

I see in your test script you have one PointToPolygon step active. That one only places a single point at the center of the object. I think you want to use the INSIDE mode, instead of CENTER to have multiple points in the polygon. Did you try to read the manual to see what all arguments do? I think this is what you want:

Code:
PolygonToPoint|landuse="forest"|INSIDE|0.0001;0.0001|1.0;1.0|String;tree|tree|0|INHERITPARENTATTR

Country
france
Hi,
The PointToPolygon input was just a test to get a non error output (test, try method ;-)) to get an idea of the good syntax first.
I've read the manual, but my problem is that I was not able to get informations on those "new" variables for me (i mean the bold police on my first post). My english is maybe not good enough...
Maybe another possibility is to send me an older version

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Each argument is explained in the manual, including samples of how to use them.

type;attribute: is the type and name of the attribute added to the new point features. For example String;veg creates a string attribute called veg.

value: is the value given to the attribute defined in the previous argument. For example tree.

headingAttr: is the name of the attribute that will contain the heading of the point. Not all modes calculate a heading.

Country
france
Many thanks Arno
I will test it.
One more question please. I've downloaded the V2 version. It works almost well, I've houses, but no vegetation.
Here the init file.
Do you have any idea ?
Sorry to bore you again

Attachments

• Test_AFS_V4.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 124

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country