• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ai arcraft start up and shutdown sounds

Country
unitedkingdom
Anybody knows how I can attatch an effect coupled with a sound file so as to enable a AI aircraft to make a shutdown sound at a gate or ramp?
Or perhaps you may know of another way?
I have tried shutdown sounds through the normal Soundai.cfg with no luck.I managed to create a similar effect with AI aircraft start-up sounds by adding an effect to a Nav light coupled with a sound file,ita a bit belated but it works!

Regards Alan Constable

Country
spain
Very cool the trick for the start up, I have no idea about this stuff, instead I want to ask something :eek: how could be changed the default sound for the Ai aircrafts ?, per exemple, I have AI Atr70, I would like those had the same sound that my F1 Atr 70, can be this get achieved ?
Edit: in an turbopropeller, the sound coul be linked to the propeller animation, when this stop the turning ? sorry but as said before I have no idea.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
ai Sounds

Yes you can add any sound to your ai aicraft,but be warned FSX is capable of playing arround 19 ai sounds at any one time. If you were to go to Heathrow or any large airport FSX would proberly be at its max.
A normal ai sound value would be in the region of 6.50 KB x 19 =12.35 MB, if I am correct?
A normal Flying aircraft sound would be 20-30 MB x19= 570 MB.
So as you can see FSX would take a massive hit.
FSX will only respond to a soundai folder and a soundai.cfg within it

Regards Alan

Country
spain
Thanks for the answer, I was wrong, I thought this would no have very much impact in the performance, anyway those are airports with not too much traffic, but I can't bear the sound of the king air on those Atr. It's clear one can't take the sound file of the payware airplane and replace the default as it is, This is what I could see. :cool:

Last edited: