• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE AI Flight Planner doesn't work with FSX Steam Edition

Country
germany
Hello,

i have a problem with AI Flight Planner:

Everytime when i open AIFP there is a error: "Invalid Control Regestration - Main Panel".

In the "AIFP.ini" is no line with "Path to FSX".

Can someone help me? Thank you.

Stay Healthy, Yves

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Yves, from what you've posted, I can only assume either AIFP isn't finding FSX/FSX:SE or the path in the registry to it is incorrect.

You could try adding that line to AIFP.ini and add aw valid path.

Country
germany
Yves, from what you've posted, I can only assume either AIFP isn't finding FSX/FSX:SE or the path in the registry to it is incorrect.

You could try adding that line to AIFP.ini and add aw valid path.
I tried to add the line, but it doesn't work. After a restart the line is deletet in the .ini.

Country
unitedkingdom
I think I might be able to help here.
I have FSX:SE and these are the two lines from my AIFP.ini

Path to FSX=X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX
Path to FSX.cfg=C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

I think that the problem is that you are not pointing to the FSX.cfg. Try that.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Unlikely, Steve. AIFP has no interesting the .cfg file at that point. In fact, it's likely AIFP has already found FSX:SE or it wouldn't get to that message.

AIFP is having trouble creating the Main Panel. What versions of Windows, AIFP and NET.Framework are you using, Yves?

Country
unitedkingdom
You may be right, Don.
All I can say is that my config entries work and I don't recall adding those settings manually. I shall let you diagnose.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I shall let you diagnose.
There's nothing for me to diagnose. The code hasn't changed in about 10 years, and you and others don't have such difficulty.

So, I can only conclude the issue lies within the machine experiencing the problem.

Country
germany
I think I might be able to help here.
I have FSX:SE and these are the two lines from my AIFP.ini

Path to FSX=X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX
Path to FSX.cfg=C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

I think that the problem is that you are not pointing to the FSX.cfg. Try that.
Thank you very much!!! It's working now.

Stay Healthy