• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Flight Planner Version 1.58(c) Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
germany
Congratulations, Don :)

It was a pleasure accompanying the birth of this tool from the very first moment onwards.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AI Flight Planner Version 1.01 is available.

Version 1.01 addresses an oversight whereby, when adding new aircraft to the Aircraft List, the associated aircraft.cfg file was updated whether or not the cruising speed was changed. While this should have been of little consequence, apparently, FSX SP2/X-Pack "objects" when a default aircraft is modified in any way and takes several restarts before it recovers. Version 1.01 also addresses a problem where, if a new leg was inserted as the first leg of a flight plan, its originating airport was not recognized as the starting airport for that flight plan

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AI Flight Planner Version 1.02 now available here.

When arrivals and departures for an airport were displayed, certain arrivals may have been missing. This has been fixed. Also, the version of FS used for the last compile and the last airport edit is now saved from one session to the next.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 1.03, which corrects a potentially serious problem (see this thread) has been released. It is available here.

All users should upgrade to Version 1.03.

Don

EDIT: In my haste to get a fix out, I neglected to change the version number on the AIFP screen. The Version 1.03 archive file now contains the "upped" version number.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 1.04, which corrects a problem in the arrivals/departure code introduced in Version 1.02 has been released. It is available here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AI Flight Planner Version 1.06 is available here. It contains fixes for all bugs found to date as well as the following improvements:
  • traffic file names not beginning with "traffic many now be decompiled;
  • data from the companion airport file will be used for an airport not in AIFP's database;
  • selection of local/summer time now saved across AIFP sessions; and
  • the arrivals/departures list for any airport may be exported to Notepad.

I had hoped to be able to release the new bulk conversion feature as well. Unfortunately, there's been a short delay in completion of the beta testing. It should be available by the weekend.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AI Flight Planner Version 1.08 is available here. It contains a fix for the problem reported earlier today by "lucclaus" whereby the FS9/FSX day-encoding selection was not being taken into account when flight plans were saved in the weekly-consolidated mode.

As well, under certain conditions, attempting to switch between the consolidated and non-consolidated mode resulted in an endless message loop. This as been fixed also.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I just noticed that the version 1.08 I released earlier today contains the menu item for bulk FS9 to FSX conversion. This feature is still undergoing beta testing, so it should be used with caution.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted AI Flight Planner version 1.10.

This release has some significant changes.
  • First, as noted in another post, I am concerned that the compiler is not properly handling FS9 to FSX day conversion in all cases. AIFP now does the day conversion.
  • I have also discovered that the compiler/decompiler (I'm not sure which) does not handle midnight departures properly. (On decompile, they are scheduled a day early.) AIFP now looks after this as well.
  • The AIFP compile "flag" previously was an extra entry in the aircraft file with a reference number of "0". (The compile flag is the means by which AIFP knows when it decompiles a traffic file that it was compiled by AFP in the "normal" mode.) Becasue of the way aircraft data is stored in the traffic file, I am concerned that using AC#0 may have some unintended side-effects. Commencing with this release, the AIFP compile "flag" is an extra entry in the airports file with the ICAO symbol "*#@"". (That shouldn't conflict with any legitimate ICAO codes.) However, AIFP will still recognize the old extra-airport-flag for those of you who have already created traffic files and take appropriate measures.
  • AIFP now limits the number of characters in aircraft registrations (<=7) and the value of flight numbers (<=18383). I discovered these two traffic-file limits while investigating the above compiler issues.
  • The bulk FS9->FSX traffic file conversion seems to be working properly, so feel free to use it.
  • Finally, all bugs reported to date have been fixed.
I had hoped that Version 1.1 would be the last release for a while. But, the liklihood of me having made all these changes without "breaking" something is fairly remote. So, please be cautious.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Considering only a single problem report since Version 1.10 was released (and that one easily fixed), I have re-released AI Flight Planner on both Avsim.com and Flightsim.com as Version 1.1. It is also available here

Thanks to all those who have borne with me over the past few weeks and who helped me eliminate many residual bugs in the first release of AI Flight Planner.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As noted in another thread, there were still some difficulties with the latest general release creating custom airport lists. I've reworked that area. As well, I discovered a minor problem with flight in a very comple weekly flightplan, a leg having he same departure and destination airports escaped detection. This has also been fixed.

Release 1.11 available here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 1.12 is available here.

It includes:
  • totally-re-written code for creating custom airport lists,
  • corrects a minor problem re the conversion of local, past-midnight-arrival times to UTC, and
  • has a few small improvements, such as the "Select Aircraft" message being shown in red.
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 1.13 now available.

Minor changes are identified in the included "Version History.pdf". Two major changes:
  • Both FS9 and FSX require the aircraft list to be sorted numerically. If it's not (and it previously wasn't), many AI would not appear. AIFP now sorts the aircraft list.
  • "Timezone.dat" updated.
Given the significance of the first item above, I will make another general release early next week. So, please give this one a real workout.

Don

EDIT:Regarding appearance if AI, please note that the startup situation with FSX is quite different depending on whether the traffic file was compiled for FS9 or FSX. With a compiled-for-FS9 file, many more AI are on the ground. It appears that some spawn early. With a compiled-for-FSX file, my tests indicate that some AI that are scheduled to be on the ground at start-up time aren't, but instead will land shortly afterwards. Eventually, the two situations become similar.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have re-released Version 1.13 generally (with one additional fix) as Release 1.2 on AVSIM and will do so on Flightsim.com as soon as possible.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 1.21, which contains several improvements is available here.

It contains several improvements, the most significant of which is that Vista users should now be able to collect airports and convert FS9 trafic files without the system throwing a "no access" exception. As well, all the times in a flight plan may now be advanced or retarded by one hour to all flight plan files to be easily adapted for use with summer time.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
"Collect airport" fans are in for a treat. Version 1.22 available here includes a new custom airport .bgl decompiler that speeds-up collection by at least a factor of 10. AI Flight Planner no longer requires BGLAnalyse9.exe and BGLAnalyseX.exe be present in the AIFP folder.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AIFP version 1.22 should not be used to collect airports. (Otherwise, it's identical to 1.21.) It does not handle add-on files generated by AFX properly and there are some as-yet-unidentified other differences between the AirportList.dat generated by it and that generated by its predecessor using BGLAnalyse. I'll try to have a fix available later today.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.