• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA AI-floatplane produces sparks and smoke on the water

Country
austria
Hi friends,
I downloaded the FSX Kenmore Air DeHavilland DHC3 from FlightSim (dh3f_kex.zip) and tried to use it as AI-aircraft.
First I had to change the contact points because the aircraft floates above the water. Then I tried to use it, but it shows sparks and smoke - the same as I had tried it on a beton or asphalt surface.
As pilotable aircraft there is no such effect. Any idea what is wrong? The same problem is with the FS9 model (dh3f_ ke9.zip)
I made such a converting in the past with other floaters and had never such an effect. Why?

Country
austria
Right Roby, I always use Ice surface and 0 width for the taxiways, runways and parking spots for my AI-floater. Never in the past had a problem with doing so.

Sorry, Christian, I am not behind my own computer and my memory is apparently becoming less:(. But somewhere there is something that makes me think you have to change the 'float' to'wheels or the other way around.
Will be back at my FS computer tomorrow and will check.
Maybe someone else with a better long term memory may chime in in the meantime?

Country
austria
Thank you for answering. I have no idea how I could change the float to wheels. Perhaps at the contact_points?

Country
germany
Did you change the [EFFECTS] section in the aircraft.cfg?
here is an example:
[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_spray
concrete=fx_AI_floatplane_spray-and-wake
touchdown=fx_wtrspray_s, 1

Country
austria
:teacher: Thank you Guenther. Now it works. I never had this problem with other floater. I am rather old but never too old to learn

Guenther was faster than I was :).
By the way, my water airports are made this way: see attached file. That way it can be used both by AI and pilotable aircraft.

Attachments

• RMSG_ADEX_RMCS.Bgl
    965 bytes · Views: 148
Country
austria
Guenther was faster than I was :).
By the way, my water airports are made this way: see attached file. That way it can be used both by AI and pilotable aircraft.
Thanks for your file. For me I think it is a bit complicated. the surface Water for links and runways don't work for AI-traffic in my case. So I tried Ice and have made about hundred AI-waterairports in that way and had never problems. This was the first time and the the surface wasn't the problem ;) (The Skyros waterairport (Greece) has an fictive name.)

Attachments

• LSKY_ADEX_CR.ad4
    2.9 KB · Views: 129
  • LSKY_ADEX_CR.bgl
    907 bytes · Views: 121
Country
germany
My way (FS9):
create with ADE9 water airport with runway concrete, 1.1m, apron routes water, 1.1m.
Compile with "AFCAD" Split option.
Edit this bgl with AFCAD2 and reduce width of runway and apron links to 0.
A little crazy, but it works...

Country
austria
Sorry I tried really to use water. I thought it will be the best. But all my floaters vanish at waterlinks, I don't know why.:rolleyes:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
It's because AI aircraft only have landing gear that work on hard surfaces - water is not supported.

Country
germany
My parkings are "Dock Ga"

EDAA1.jpg

Taxi out

EDAA2.jpg

Take off 1

EDAA3.jpg

Take off 2
EDAA4.jpg

Last edited:
Country
newzealand
That looks cool but I need help.
I have an issue with HTAI floatplanes. I have got the Cessna 206 flying but no spray etc.
The 208, 185 and 170 I have got level on the water but I cannot get them to move.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have a lot of experience in ai flightplanning re painting and scenery building but I can't get my head fully around the contact points.