• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 AI line up on runway time

Now this will sound odd but perhaps I just like tweaking the last few bits out of my AI. When AI line up on the runway, larger aircraft (747/777/330 etc) will taxi down the runway quite a bit further than the smaller aircraft (319/320/737) before stopping again and then commence the takeoff roll. This can be frustrating especially on single runway ops for example at Gatwick.

Some may have seen I have started a thread regarding the FS9 landing distance clearance which I have successful edited, when getting an aircraft away in a 4m gap it works fine with say an A320 departing. The aircraft will line up, taxi forward ever so slightly, stop, then commence takeoff roll. With larger aircraft it is very frustrating, they will line up but taxi forward substantially at a slow speed, then stop and commence takeoff roll. Frequently this results in a go around for an aircraft on final.

Any ideas if a parameter can be changed in the larger aircraft? I'm guessing it is to do with a size entry in the .air or aircraft.cfg?

tgibson

Resource contributor
I assume that this has to do with the plane's radius value. In FS2004 this is stored in the MDL file. It can be edited with programs like AIFP and TTools. But if you change it, you will also change its parking behavior and its stopping radius when lined up behind another aircraft. I doubt there is much you can do.