• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 AI won't show up

Country
us-washington
1. I have a good plane (not red) 2. flight paln is good... no errors. compiles good. 3. airport has a number of parking with ample radius size, and coded for the AI. 4. fault finder shows good for all connections. results- ai does not show up. Traffic explorer does not show the ai at this airport or anywhere.

as a test I made a flight plan for this AI for another existing airport of mine I did long ago. I went to THAT airport and this AI showed up fine.. and taxied out. What am I missing here?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
What you've essentially said is that you made a flight plan that doesn't work at one airport but does at another. Without further detail, that suggests AIFP has done it's job but that there is a problem with either or both the non-operational airport or your procedures.

The AIFP user manual contains a trouble-shooting guide. I suggest you refer to that and, if you don't find a solution, you at least tell us the steps you have taken to isolate the issue.

Country
us-washington
Thannk you for your reply. Actually I made a separate flight plan for the other aiport and th at one works. Neither plan sends th AI to the other airport. These are in totally different regions. the one th at does not work in in France... however a friend of mine and I have made flights for THAT airport with different AI and they work. The ones that do work involve Mir2 (Mirages) and teh ones that do not work at the French airport is a MIR4 large Mirages.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Then I suggest you take a close look at the aircraft of concern. AIFP simply passes the aircraft title and nominal cruise speed to Flightsim via the traffic file and of course the departure and arrival times. AIFP has nothing to do with the performance of the aircraft in Flightsim.

Country
us-washington
very good. Is it possible that an AI works here but not there? AND possible that it freezes or stops flight plans in said airport from working?.... perhaps due to the questionable AI

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Is it possible that an AI works here but not there?
Unusual question, given that above you seem to have said one aircraft works in both locations and the other doesn't work at all
possible that it freezes or stops flight plans in said airport from working
Assuming the airport is valid and has adequate parking available, it's difficult to guess why one valid aircraft would work and another wouldn't.

I've pointed you to AIFP fault-finding information. You have not indicated what steps you have taken to isolate the problem. Instead, you ask increasingly generic questions.

There are only 3 elements involved: the traffic file (assuming its in an active scenery folder), the relevant aircraft and the airports. So try eliminating each element as the source in some organized fashion. Given the very basic nature of the issue, the problem is unlikely to lie in the traffic file. But, to be sure, decompile the traffic file to confirm that it actually instructs FlightsIm as you intend. Are you using local time, GMT or something else. Next, check each aircraft. Are you sure that both aircraft are valid? (Not every aircraft you find on the web is useable as AI - despite claims by their developer.) Have you used both aircraft successfully in other operations? Have you confirmed that the aircraft.cfg file fully defines the aircraft and is otherwise valid? What have you done to confirm your airports are both valid with adequate parking. You need parking available when it's needed, not just theoretically. Turn-off all other traffic. If, as your questions suggest, one aircraft turns up at one airport but not the other and the other aircraft does the opposite, it should be a relatively simple exercise to determine why - but it's not a question I can answer.

Country
us-washington
First, I have been as explicit as I can, or nearlt so. Second I am not faulting AFP at all. My flight plan seems to be in order. Further inspection shows no AI showing at this airport! Last night I deleted this airport (LFBM) and made a temporary one using the stock afcad... made parking. wrote an FP, activated... no show BUT 3 other Mirages showed up but they are not mine! Checking Traffic explorer I do not see mine but I do see those 3 Mirages as MIR2's. Mine are 4's.

I will do further testing and get back to you. BTW- both of my mir4 and mir2 show at my test airport which in this case is NAS Alameda NGZ.

so far, my guess is nothing wrong with the FP, of course, nothing wrong with my test airport, the afcad in question )LFBM) has no faults but perhaps the French location, or something odd in the ai itself. I will report back later.

Country
us-washington
yes- used both AC in other locations successfully. aircraft.cfg check out good. I am using GMT and I make sure I am at the airport at that correct time.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
No offense intended. I was simply trying to demonstrate the problem could be broken down into more-manageable segments.

If the issue is that aircraft are showing up at the right time but not the intended aircraft, and the aircraft that do show up are as identified in Traffic Explorer, I would take a very close look at the [Fltsim.n] blocks in the aircraft.cfg files of the aircraft of concern. It would seem whatever aircraft title is specified in the traffic file is being misinterpreted by Flightsim. Are you sure you don't have duplicate titles in your aircraft "stable"? AIFP notionally uses the same set of aircraft as are available to Flightsim, but not necessarily in the same sequence.

if you don't find anything, perhaps you could post the aircraft.cfg files of the two aircraft so that I may see if there's anything that might inadvertently "trip-up" AIFP..

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I am confused. Rather than talk about lots of aircraft and airports can you specify the problem with one aircraft at one airport? What are they?

With these two, can you specify:

1. Do other aircraft appear at this airport?
2. Does this plane appear at other airports?

Country
us-washington
wilco

they both show up elsewhere. Traffic explorer does not see these at lfbm. it does record some MIR2's airline PASTIS but no MIR4's or 2's.
I disabled my LFBM and made another from the default lfbm and activated it. I then wrote as traffic file 2ith teh4r'ws, 2's and 3 or four others which I knew do work elsewhere. Nothing showed up at all. will exhaust asll other possibilities I can think of then send the cfg for these AC's. i will double check if there are any duplicate AI's but I don't th ink so. I would ger a warning if I had any, but ya never know! ;)

Country
unitedkingdom
As a matter of interest have you used the "Traffic & Parking Analyser" function of AIFP to create a 'timetable' of aircraft arriving and departing your problem airport? I find this very useful for checking your sort of problem.

I also used a file search utility "Agent Ransack" with which I can search thru all of my AI flightplan text files which gives me a list of all such files that include aircraft visiting one particular airport.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Another possibility is that you have another BGL file present somewhere in your active scenery folders for LFBM and this is preventing your file from loading into FS?

Country
us-washington
I am studying the analyser right now. no parking available for the times and then below about codes. I tried before to do the codes then no codes. AND.... yes I was worried about another LFBM lurking about. Haven't found one yet. I thought that using an Icao would disable a stock icao automatically.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I thought that using an Icao would disable a stock icao automatically. ???????
For whatever reason, I wasn't notified about the recent posts. We don't seem to be making much progress here. We seem to be jumping from thought to thought, traffic file to traffic file, airport to airport.

May I suggest you create a simple traffic file , i.e., one aircraft, two nearby airports, two legs - Airport 1 to airport 2 and return. What happens? What does the Traffic Explorer say?. If AIFP's T&PA tells you there is no parking available and you believe that's not the case, lets figure out why. (If there's really no parking, you are not going to see any aircraft - though the Traffic Explorer might give you a hint as to what's going on. If different aircraft show up than are programmed, lets focus on aircraft. But, let's stick with the same, simple set of conditions.

If from previous experience certain aircraft show up at one airport but other aircraft do not, then the cause should be easy to determine by looking at the respective aircraft.cfg files - probably parking related.

One traffic file (all others disabled), on one system - one step at a time.

Last edited:
Country
us-washington
I agree. I am bird-walking here from desperation. hahaha

Traffic file attached. this is an airport I did some time ago. The traffic file I made this morning. 3 AI's but 6 showed up. These go to khio in Oregon and back. I made extra parking inn both sceneries.

Ergo- the ai's must be good! next- I will send the analysis of the other airport- LFBM.

Aurora.jpg

Attachments

• Traffic_aurora_mir4.bgl
    896 bytes · Views: 192

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, you are making things way too complicated. I suggested one aircraft, two airports; you've set up at least six legs involving three aircraft. With that sort of arrangement there's no way to know which particular aircraft you are seeing in Flightsim. Also, the numerous reports of no parking suggest there's more than one traffic file running on your system. You've got to be able to isolate this traffic from all others; if not, the aircraft you are seeing may actually belong to another traffic file

Please create the single FP traffic file I suggested, turn off all other traffic and give that a try. If things don't become clearer, please post the traffic file, the .bgls for the two airports and the aircraft folder. If its a BIG aircraft folder, feel free to eliminate any models/textures not required for the chosen aircraft variant. This will allow me to attempt to duplicate your situation.

Country
us-washington
wilco. I thought I had to set up a second leg i.e. a return leg. I will comply with your instructions.