• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA AIFP 3.2.04 - some airport data missing?

Country
unitedkingdom
Have recently added new Dhaka airport VGHS to replace the old VGZR and seem to have done enough in AIFP to allow me to add schedules to this new airport - see picture 1.

But when I go to the Traffic and Parking Analyser to create a Timetable for my VGHS traffic, when I select VGHS from the airport list, I get the message in picture 2.

Where is the data file that is missing some data for VGHS that is causing this message and how do I edit it? If I select any other airport in the list I do not get any similar message.

aifp-1.jpg aifp-2.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Ray, something was not saved somewhere when you created this new airport. A restart of AIFP should not be required, but please confirm whether or not this issue persist(ed) across a restart. If it does, please send me the following files:
  • AirportList.Dat
  • AirportList-Updates.dat
Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Don - yes a re-start does NOT solve my difficulty. Here are the files.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• AirportList-Updates.zip
    750.6 KB · Views: 187

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I see what's happening now. There's nothing wrong with the airport data. The problem is that there is no stock airport (an unusual situation) - as indicated by the Stock radiobutton being disabled - but the Addon radiobutton has not been checked. AIFP should check that radiobutton automatically under such circumstances - and it will in the next release. In the meantime, try manually checking the Addon radiobutton . That should fix things.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Don, thanks - will try this is the morning tomorrow and let you know.

Country
unitedkingdom
Don,

very sorry to be tiresome but can you point me to the "Addon" radio button that I need to check?

In the T & P A window, the Addon button is checked. If I uncheck and recheck, I get a request to point to the scenery area where the airfield is located. I click on this but when I get back to the T & P A, I still get the same message as before?

[EDIT]

I've done some more 'digging' into my airport files and found inconsistencies when I try to create Timetables for my airports that do not have an FSX stock version.
When in TP&A, having got to the 3 listings, some of these airfields have a location after the airfield code and some do not. When I click any of them, I get the same message I posted earlier about listing in GMT. However, some of them do produce a 'local' time format, some produce a GMT format and some produce times with a 'z' suffix attached to the times.
These inconsistencies suggest that I do not have a consistent type of database for these particular airfields and think it might be a good idea to refresh or, possibly better, to recreate the data properly.
Don, what would be the best way to proceed with this? I seem to have a lot of airport data files in my AIFP directory - see attached. Should all of these exist? I have taken an 'airport dump' out of FSX - would this be a good way to re-create the data in AIFP?

AIFP-3.jpg

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
very sorry to be tiresome but can you point me to the "Addon" radio button that I need to check?
There's only one and you've found it. If it's already checked then, presumably, you have the T&PA Airports / Search Scenery Library at startup checked. But, in that case, unchecking and re-0checking shouldn't result in being asked to locate it. (I assume we are still talking about VGHS.) There's something else going on here since, obviously, the local time offsets for VGHS are known.

some of these airfields have a location after the airfield code and some do not. When I click any of them, I get the same message I posted earlier about listing in GMT
if an airport does not have a name after the ICAO, then it's one "inherited" from the traffic file. AIFP knows nothing about it save for its geographic position and elevation. The GMT-only message is normal in those cases.

I seem to have a lot of airport data files in my AIFP directory - see attached. Should all of these exist? I have taken an 'airport dump' out of FSX - would this be a good way to re-create the data in AIFP?
The presence of all those files are all normal. Based on the files you sent me yesterday, your airport data is intact - assuming you only ever want to use FSX traffic files. If any of the files you plan to use are compiled for FS9 (or use airports only in FS9) then you should re-collect data for both FS9 and FSX (or later). AIFP will them automatically use FSX-replacement airports when it encounters FS9-only airports. (Most traffic files from major "suppliers" available on the web are compiled for FS9.) The absence of FS9 data in airportsList.dat may well be the cause of so many airports without descriptors.

I suspect updating your airport data to include FS9 airports will take care of most of these issues. The only one I'm concerned about is the repeated request to locate an add-on airport - which I am unable to duplicate.

Don