• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS AIFP 3.4.3.13 - Aircraft does not go from finger to taxi.

Country
brazil
No aircraft, at any airport, does not leave the finger at the scheduled time. Interestingly, when she advances the scheduled time, she disappears from the gate, as if she had already left. I've already tried to make the plan using UTC time and local time. Does not work.
MSFS version: SimUpdate V of 7/30/2021.

If the airport does not have a functional, unbroken path, from finger, to runway, including properly placed hold short nodes, AI planes can spawn, but can't move. We've asked Don to overcome this limitation in the simulator, so at least we can blame him when something happens.
:D

I think something happened. Maybe they changed something in this latest MSFS update. It was working before her. Not 100%, but it was.

Luiz, there are lots of reasons a perfectly valid traffic file isn't executed as you expect by Flightsim. It could be a problem with the airport, a faulty aircraft, you looking in the wrong place and/or at the wrong time, interference by a 3rd party add-on, etc. Blaming AIFP (for what?) seems a little premature without some investigation.

There is a troubleshooting guide near the back of the AIFP User manual. It is also available independently from my website http://stuff4fs.com. Microsoft provided a tool which is very helpful for diagnosing AI traffic issues. Have you used either of those to help understand what's going on. The easiest way to confirm the validity of a traffic file is to load it back into AIFP and manually confirm that the flight plans are as originally entered.

Finally, I've just noticed you are a MSFS2020 user. I have been advised by another user that Update V is more than a little "buggy". Let me add the sim itself to the above list of possible causes.

EDIT: If the aircraft of concern was in a parking spot at the proper airport at the proper time, failed to leave on time but disappeared when the time was advanced, that's proof positive the traffic file is valid. The traffic file plays no role in getting departing aircraft to the runway. The role of the traffic file is to tell flightsim the routing to the vicinity of the destination airport, when it should be in the vicinity and when it should depart that airport. The approach, landing taxiing, parking, spawning for departure startup, taxing back to the runway and takeoff is the sole responsibility of Flightsim or, in your case MSFS2020.

Last edited:
I fully agree with you. The problem is in the simulator. Certainly. I even think that this was done intentionally so that we could not use a traffic editor since there is interest on their part in marketing this too. And also not to bother video game users we all know what it is. Thanks.
Thanks again for the explanations. Could you give more information about this very useful tool for diagnosing Microsoft AI traffic issues? I do not know.
:banghead:

Last edited:
Could you give more information about this very useful tool for diagnosing Microsoft AI traffic issues?
As I said in my previous post:
  • There are lots of reasons a perfectly valid traffic file isn't executed as you expect by Flightsim. It could be a problem with the airport, a faulty aircraft, you looking in the wrong place and/or at the wrong time, interference by a 3rd party add-on, etc.
  • The easiest way to confirm the validity of a traffic file is to load it back into AIFP and manually confirm that the flight plans are as originally entered.
  • There is a troubleshooting guide near the back of the AIFP User manual. It is also available independently from my website http://stuff4fs.com.
  • Recognize that the role of the traffic file is to tell Flightsim the routing of the AI aircraft to the vicinity of the destination airport, when it should be in the vicinity and when it should depart that airport. The approach, landing taxiing, parking, spawning for departure startup, taxing back to the runway and takeoff is the sole responsibility of Flightsim.
Section 12 of the AIFP User Manual also provides some background information that may be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Microsoft provided a tool, Traffic Toolbox Explorer, which is very helpful for diagnosing AI traffic issues. I don't know whether there is an equivalent for MSFS20202.

When investigating, keep an open mind and approach things in a logical manner with some understanding of the relationship between AIFP and Flightsim? That being said. AIFP is not going to be of much use in diagnosing AI traffic issues caused by deficiencies in Flightsim itself. All you can really do in those cases, especially after an update to MSFS2020 where things seem less stable than before is, be suspicious of MSFS2020 and eliminate other possible causes.

I fully agree with you. The problem is in the simulator. Certainly. I even think that this was done intentionally so that we could not use a traffic editor since there is interest on their part in marketing this too. And also not to bother video game users we all know what it is.
This is an extreme conjecture, at best. The franchise has always openly welcomed outside development and the SDK is proof of this.

Break it down, they are going to give Aerosoft access and not Don? There is some fee?

As I said in my previous post:
  • There are lots of reasons a perfectly valid traffic file isn't executed as you expect by Flightsim. It could be a problem with the airport, a faulty aircraft, you looking in the wrong place and/or at the wrong time, interference by a 3rd party add-on, etc.
  • The easiest way to confirm the validity of a traffic file is to load it back into AIFP and manually confirm that the flight plans are as originally entered.
  • There is a troubleshooting guide near the back of the AIFP User manual. It is also available independently from my website http://stuff4fs.com.
  • Recognize that the role of the traffic file is to tell Flightsim the routing of the AI aircraft to the vicinity of the destination airport, when it should be in the vicinity and when it should depart that airport. The approach, landing taxiing, parking, spawning for departure startup, taxing back to the runway and takeoff is the sole responsibility of Flightsim.
Section 12 of the AIFP User Manual also provides some background information that may be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Microsoft provided a tool, Traffic Toolbox Explorer, which is very helpful for diagnosing AI traffic issues. I don't know whether there is an equivalent for MSFS20202.

When investigating, keep an open mind and approach things in a logical manner with some understanding of the relationship between AIFP and Flightsim? That being said. AIFP is not going to be of much use in diagnosing AI traffic issues caused by deficiencies in Flightsim itself. All you can really do in those cases, especially after an update to MSFS2020 where things seem less stable than before is, be suspicious of MSFS2020 and eliminate other possible causes.
I noticed something today. When I put the exact departure time of the aircraft in the simulator or two or three minutes later, it leaves for the taxi and takes off perfectly. Bizarre. If you enter the time in the simulator minutes before departure, the aircraft does not depart. If you put minutes after the stipulated for the departure, it has already left and appears even in a software that shows it in flight. Is it something related to the simulator's timing engine?
I also noticed that after the last update you made in AIFP, aircraft no longer duplicate texture or change texture between them. Something that was happening in version 3.4.3.9. Very good.
:rotfl:

Last edited:
This is an extreme conjecture, at best. The franchise has always openly welcomed outside development and the SDK is proof of this.

Break it down, they are going to give Aerosoft access and not Don? There is some fee?
Forget Aerosoft. I'm trying to help, right now, MSFS users to satisfactorily use AIFP which is a great tool for that. If the problem is in the simulator (certainly it must be) why don't we try to solve it together. Exchanging ideas with whoever is willing to help enhances mainly the beautiful work of the AIFP family and its creators and producers.

When I put the exact departure time of the aircraft in the simulator or two or three minutes later, it leaves for the taxi and takes off perfectly. Bizarre. If you enter the time in the simulator minutes before departure, the aircraft does not depart. If you put minutes after the stipulated for the departure, it has already left and appears even in a software that shows it in flight. Is it something related to the simulator's timing engine?
It certainly seems reasonable to assume so, but there's nothing that could be done in AIFP to address it.

after the last update you made in AIFP, aircraft no longer duplicate texture or change texture between them. Something that was happening in version 3.4.3.9. Very good.
While I'm always happy to take credit for doing something good, it's not clear what you mean by "duplicate texture or change texture between them", There have been no changes since 3.4.3.9 that should have affected aircraft textures. So, while I'm glad something you apparently didn't like is no longer happening, I doubt it has anything to do with AIFP.

If the problem is in the simulator (certainly it must be) why don't we try to solve it together.
The communication mechanism between AIFP and Flightsim is the traffic file which, as I have said previously, defines when an each aircraft is to arrive in the vicinity of the destination airport, when it should depart and the routing between airports. Everything else is up to Flightsim. So, if an issue in the sim is not a direct consequence of one of these parameters, there's unlikely to be anything that could be done by AIFP to address it. Further, even if it's a sim issue and could be addressed in AIFP:
  • that wouldn't be a solution, it's only a temporary workaround; and
  • AIFP would need further change when the issue was eventually fixed by the sim manufacturer. Image the confusion that would result.

Forget Aerosoft. I'm trying to help, right now.
You have helped all you can, by adding your voice to the immense hoard of users that have been affected by this most recent update. It is something that we must rely upon the sim developers, Microsoft and Asobo to rectify and any interim "patches" will only prove to fail, once the root issue has been addressed.

Keep in mind that in earlier sims if you set the time minutes before departure, it takes a considerable time for simulated fueling, baggage loading, etc., even if there are no visible vehicles that appear. Setting the time right at or after departure time often allows for immediate departure. I don't know if MSFS does the same, though.

Keep in mind that in earlier sims if you set the time minutes before departure, it takes a considerable time for simulated fueling, baggage loading, etc., even if there are no visible vehicles that appear. Setting the time right at or after departure time often allows for immediate departure. I don't know if MSFS does the same, though.
When I refer to the departure time, I am taking into account all the preparation for the departure of the aircraft from the gate, GPU, jet-ways, baggage and catering, in that order, and then the reverse of that. All of this is no more than 3 minutes or less.
Before the last simulator update, on 07/30/2021, the preparation for the departure of the aircraft always started in the minute after the one programmed in the AIFP. Not anymore. It's curious that if we select the exact departure time in the simulator or about 2 minutes later, it works perfectly.
Another thing I also noticed was that, in some cases, not all, the aircraft are orbiting the airport, but not landing.
It's definitely the simulator's problem.
Still, thanks for your attention.
"AIFP working perfectly."

Hi guys. I have managed to learn to use this amazing product. I did made some bgl´s to my home airport (EFHK) and to biggest US airport (test). I did discover, that EFHK´s 22L runway+s last waypoint is way too low. About 100m from ground. So aircrafts are touching tarmac way too early and they are exiting runway in 150kts speed... OR they just fly over. I did bug report to Asobo. There is one waypoint too low in KORD also.

I think this circulating above airport´s is because they spwawn too high and they have to come lower alititude to fly through waypoints. It normally takes 10-20min to traffic starts to landing. But, because there is this 10min depart bug, there just isnt departing and arriving aircrafts in same time. First 10 minutes aircraft depart and after 15min they start to line up and lands. I have something like 50% succes rate in busy airports in hot zone times. 50 % fly over because there is aircraft in runway OR without reason.

So i want to know, is there solutions fot these?
- 10min depart bug. Is there some setting in AIFP, that has to be enabled for that? Or is it sim´s fault again?
- How to affect offline aircrafts landing speeds? It is 160kts with all the aircrafts atm. Can it be one solution to fly overs? too much speed for CRJ7 for example?

AIFP, in the traffic file, tells MSFS:
  • when each aircraft is to depart the gate,
  • when it is to arrive in the proximity of the destination airport (specified arrival time less 15 minutes),
  • the route it should take to get between the two,
  • how fast it should fly (cruise speed),
  • IFR or VFR flight plan, and
  • flight number or registration number.
Everything else is up to the sim, including:
  • taxiing to/from the gate to the runway,
  • selection of parking spot,
  • approach and departure profile, and
  • where the aircraft parks.
Aircraft performance parameters are defined in each aircraft folder.

You have mentioned a "10 min depart bug", but it's not clear to what fault you are referencing. In any case, there is no workaround in AIFP beyond the parameters mentioned above. It sounds like you have too many aircraft arriving/departing in the same time frame for MSFS to handle.

Back