• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIFP v3.2.09 Check for missing aircraft and textures Error

Country
unitedstates
My very first use of AIFP!...that stated I used the aig_southwestairlines_summer_2016v2.zip as a starting place. Configured all of the 737's in that flight plan, compiled (no errors). I then selected in AIFP under the "Aircraft" dropdown, "Check for Missing Aircraft and Textures" which presented me nearly a complete list of all of the AI planes I had configured. The only ones it left out of the list were the SWA 737-800's. Stating
"The following aircraft are not available for P3Dv3".
I ran P3Dv3 with this compiled flight plan and the SWA planes of even the 737-700 Old Color are present.
What have a done wrong? You wont hurt my feelings...this is my first ever use of any AI tools.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Presumably, what you see as the problem is the report of missing aircraft that are not actually missing. Did you restart AIFP at any point during this entire process? If not, restart AIFP and try again.

Depending on your setting of the option Maintain Installed A/C list, this could occur.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Don, a thousand thanks!....No I had not restarted AIFP and YES, after your instructions. All is resolved. I read and re-read the AIFP manual but apparently it didnt sink in :) Thanks for a GREAT pgm.

Lemon

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You're welcome. I added that feature a long while back when computers weren't so fast and re-generation of installed aircraft lists for large "stables" took a noticeable period of time. A lot of users "trip" over it.

If you are not bothered by the associated delays, leave the option checked.

Don