FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
So I'm begining work on the -900

Exterior model (WIP):

I know, not verry proffesional....

Some questions I've been asked (Or I think are expectable):

Will this feauture the -800 and -1000 aswell?

As for now the -900 will be the only model, however there is a chance I'll make the others through time... Once those variant are actually flying obviously...

Do you have acces to cockpit to make pictures?

No... and as long as I don't this will be my guide.

Will this feauture a VC?

It most likely will... although I haven't started work on that yet....

What program do you model in?

Blender 3d....

Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Switch on Backface Culling in your N panel, tab Shading. Your right wing seems to be mirrored (by Ctrl M) from the left one, which will also result in inverting normals. This is visible because the shading of the left wing (and nose wheel doors) is weird and unnatural. Don't use the Ctrl M, but the mirror modifier instead. I always make my models in mirror modifier, until I did every symmetrical part, and then and only then I apply the modifiers, giving the file another name (so essentially creating a new file) where I put a remark like "am", which is for "applied modifiers". Makes things a lot easier and safer.

Keep it going, looks nice so far!

F747fly

Resource contributor
@Dutcheeseblend thanks I'll fix the mirroring ASAP. ;)

@dave hoeffgen they actually aren't that detailed... I just curved them from my own impression of a Trent XWB (since the blueprint doesn't have the fan blades on it) Glad you liked it though! :)

Last edited:

F747fly

Resource contributor
@Roel I might need to move around some vertexes a bit there yes...

@lionheart thanks! Well the rounding was a bit difficult but other then that no real hiccup... However I guess it wasn't more difficult then normal windows...

Last edited:

F747fly

Resource contributor
So the front gear is nearing completion... don't know if it is detailed enough (opinions?)

Also with the help of Dutcheeseblend (thank you!) I maniged to get that weird shadow out of the wings...

EDIT:

Final parts of the front gear:

Last edited:

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Great to see more progress!

There's a funny contradiction on your Nose Landing Gear Unit: the tire is too hi-poly and the strut has almost no detail. Try to find out where that undercarriage is being made ;) You now have a rigid strut, with a rigid torsion link.

;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Great to see more progress!

There's a funny contradiction on your Nose Landing Gear Unit: the tire is too hi-poly and the strut has almost no detail. Try to find out where that undercarriage is being made ;) You now have a rigid strut, with a rigid torsion link.

;)
So do you then recommend making a low-poly gear unit or a high-poly, because currently I'm placing the brakes in...

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Mid-poly.

See the number of selected vertices, it's only 32 but round enough. For the strut loop vertex count, I wouldn't go over 24 vertices. The smaller the diameter, the less number of verts you'd use. But let every detail be there. Might seem to be a contradiction, but it isn't.

For the nose gear strut: make a cylinder with MAX 24 verts, you might consider 18 or 12. A cylinder should have only one segment, keep that in mind!
Now, add every flange that is thick enough (and has a relatively big diameter compared to the strut's). Also, add every component that's on the strut.