FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
China yes, however if you are staying for a long time I might pop by - I have quite a few trips Scheduled for the coming months and many requiring that I spend some weekends in China which could be used to see something else and I never visited Korea.
Unfortunately this is actually my last week in Korea... But if you want some nice recommendations just PM me, it's such a great country, I loved it!

F747fly

Resource contributor
Are you sure they are leased to TX? btw, if Im verry luck and that the plane won't change, in summer 2019, return flight should be with an A350 (my 1st time, I just hope it won't change)
Also, does the A350-900ULR is planned? (Singapore Airlines 21 and 22) its is slightly differents, winglet/sharklets are different.
I'm pretty sure they leased these aircraft from AeroCap but if someone knows the details on this I'd love to be shown otherwise.

Hi everyone, hope you guys are all doing well! The year is almost drawing to an end once again, how time flies. The past 6 months living in Korea have felt more like 6 weeks if I am being honest. Either way that's not what this thread is about.

So in the past week or so I've been in contact with some people on this forum again to get some help with issues I was having troubles with for this project (Thank you @Chrismot and @Dutcheeseblend for your great help, eventhough my late replies might have been a bit rude of me, very sorry for that). So as we go in to the holidays and everyone is saying goodbye to 2018, I think it is time to reflect on the project, where it has come from and where it is going.

So gather around because I will discuss this almost like A Christmas Carol (i.e. project past, present and future... Seems appropriate for this time of year).

So the past, I still remember starting this whole thing in back in 2015. Who would have thought it would last this long? Not that developing an aircraft generally is fast but who would have thought I would stick with it this long. Back then I had ~0 experience with Blender and I learned by doing. The first model I made was, in retrospect, absolute garbage. If you don't believe me, go to the first pages of this thread and see for your self. So back then I was actually very excited that I even got something remotely resembling an aircraft. Now that one died out through the years and the current model was built entirely from scratch so no evolution of something took place. Did I learn a lot from it? I sure did! Mainly K learned about the set backs and that you should never let that get you down, it's all part of it.

Currently... Well let me show you with a recent render I made (oh boy, I am showing renders again... Did I not learn not to do that? Well maybe for Christmas I can make an exception).
View attachment 46519

As you can see, she is still not complete... She doesn't even have legs to stand on yet! But still I feel proud. Not because it is the best model in the world, after all I am a rather mediocre modeller in my opinion, but because I learned a lot about this particular aircraft by trying to get as much of it as close to the real things as I possibly could (with limited resources, mind you). Relative pride is the reward a developer does it all for, right? And if I am honest, the real A350 is still one of the most beautiful airliners I ever seen in my life so far (yes I know plenty of gorgeous aircraft are out there, but this one has a special place in my heart still).

So where are we going with this? (Mind you, I speak in the plural tense, whereas in reality it is very much just me). Well, my aim is to keep on working on this project until it's done of course. So then the question is what I define as "done"? To that I have no real answer, life will dictate that for me. But at very least I aim to have a full exterior model ready, hopefully some time next year. Whatever comes extra will be bonus for me, and of course it would be great to have those bonuses but only time will tell.
Wait, you lived in Korea? I am a South Korean student who is waiting your a350!
Your a350 looks awesome(sorry for my bad English)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Wait, you lived in Korea? I am a South Korean student who is waiting your a350!
Your a350 looks awesome(sorry for my bad English)
Don't worry, your English is not bad at all. Yes I studied in Seoul for half a year, maybe you even know the university. Thank you for the kind words, 감사합니다!

Hello! Coming out of a hermit shell and posting here for once... Do you happen to need any photos of the A350? I have some from this summer from when I flew on one twice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

F747fly

Resource contributor
Hello! Coming out of a hermit shell and posting here for once... Do you happen to need any photos of the A350? I have some from this summer from when I flew on one twice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
More material can't hurt so it's always welcome. I also spotted quite some A350s on my travels recently and I am adding them to my database haha, one of those aircraft was this one in fact:
_21.png

Could you please post a close up of the engine. Just to check something Best position would be 2 meters to the right from the middle of the fan and then one meter back from the start of the engine inlet with a view set up to look directly onto the fan with the inlet still being visible. That would be great. Thank you.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Could you please post a close up of the engine. Just to check something Best position would be 2 meters to the right from the middle of the fan and then one meter back from the start of the engine inlet with a view set up to look directly onto the fan with the inlet still being visible. That would be great. Thank you.
Seems extraordinarily specific but will do.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Did you follow a specific tutorial for the wing and wingbox? I don't seem to get any of these parts correct for my A330.

Edit: Yours look bang on. Much more difficult on the A350 too I would assume.
Getting the wings right is a rather complicated task, even now I realize that I will have to update part of it because Airbus updated it's winglets on some newest A350s and of course I will have to adjust it for the -1000 version when I get to it. The way I did it was by looking at a ton of reference materials involving the wings. Mind you, that does not mean that they were images of the actual wings but rather images in which the wings sometimes were just on the side of the shot. Either way this method works quite well, together with a lot of searching for materials regarding the airfoil (or approximation of it) for the root and tip. From there on it is a matter of modelling and editing and modelling again. There is unfortunately no easy way to do it, especially if you don't have an example of the real-life aircraft at hand to help you as a reference.

As to whether the wings and wingbox of the A330 is any easier then that of the A350, I doubt it. In fact if you closely study both aircraft you will find a lot of shapes are quite complex on both aircraft. For instance the wingbox is quite similar on the A330 (take a close look at both aircraft and you will see what I mean) and the wing itself on the A350 is no more complex then on the A330. What you might refer to is the Sharket/Winglet (I still don't know what the official term is Airbus would like me to use to describe this part). However, again you will find that on the A330, this part had its own complexity as well.

Last edited:
Getting the wings right is a rather complicated task, even now I realize that I will have to update part of it because Airbus updated it's winglets on some newest A350s and of course I will have to adjust it for the -1000 version when I get to it. The way I did it was by looking at a ton of reference materials involving the wings. Mind you, that does not mean that they were images of the actual wings but rather images in which the wings sometimes were just on the side of the shot. Either way this method works quite well, together with a lot of searching for materials regarding the airfoil (or approximation of it) for the root and tip. From there on it is a matter of modelling and editing and modelling again. There is unfortunately no easy way to do it, especially if you don't have an example of the real-life aircraft at hand to help you as a reference.

As to whether the wings and wingbox of the A330 is any easier then that of the A350, I doubt it. In fact if you closely study both aircraft you will find a lot of shapes are quite complex on both aircraft. For instance the wingbox is quite similar on the A330 (take a close look at both aircraft and you will see what I mean) and the wing itself on the A350 is no more complex then on the A330. What you might refer to is the Sharket/Winglet (I still don't know what the official term is Airbus would like me to use to describe this part). However, again you will find that on the A330, this part had its own complexity as well.
Thanks for the lenghty reply. Looking at your renders, you seem to have done a rather good job. I mean, I wish I could achieve something as close with my A330 as you have done with your A350.

For the wing of the A330, or any other Airbus jets really, I simply wish an accurate wing root profile was available on the web. Would help more than just eyeballing images.