• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hang on, hang on!
So I was absent for a few weeks again, I come back and I find this...
What do you base this on? A few images? Give me some more credit then that please. Trust me that I have looked at the winglets (because that's what they are called on the A350, only on the A320 family they were called sharklets) in detail, from a number of angles. I will look at it again but I can assure you they are close to the real deal already.

Either way, thank you all for your support! I appreciate it.

Country
france
That’s why I told you my eyes may be playing games and it’s better to ask more professionals o_O .

Plus , I only have seen the little « mishape » from just one perspective ( first screenshot ) . Seen from the other perspectives , the winglet is just perfect.

I guess I might be wrong :scratchch

They already are very close to reality anyways , and it was a great job !

The model looks great and I am more than excited to try it out once it comes out !

Though , what are you planning for the cockpit ? The real one looks amazing and I can guess it’s hard to shape all of the screens and buttons . Is it ?

Thank you again for the initiative F747FLY and for these 3 years of commitment !

Country
switzerland
I'm one of those who prefers a good outside model over a detailed cockpit. To say I'm excited by your model would be an understatement. Amazing work Frits.

I painted this over an A350 template. The perfect aircraft / airline match.

(If anyone is interested in very high quality, layered, .psd aircraft templates, you can get them from here. Requires registration though, free.)
http://www.airline-empires.com/index.php?/topic/23650-download-here/

Attachments

• Airbus A350-900 - Etihad Airways.jpg
    Airbus A350-900 - Etihad Airways.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 329

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yep, as a regular 350 pilot in fsx look forward to this one. MUC is right. Outside. Can look perfect then we click in side and find 737, 321 or even crj panels, poor lighting controls and locations on the outside ( the 350 has a policy of see and be seen so lights up like a christmas tree, and looks good) , flaps control, and all the rest are so vital visually and operationally on this equipment. Ive just spent a few days correcting light points and effects on my download, now adding simple things like speedbrake warning next is looking at the flap setting indicators which are a321 and dont actually reflect the positions actually used. So please take the time you need to get the little things as close to right as you can , it will stand out and be appreaciated

Last edited:

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
screens and buttons

Screens and buttons are no problem at all, it's actually the more complicated shapes found around the windows that cause real headaches.
Either way, after an evening of work here is something for you guys to look at and hopefully approve of.

VC_.png

VC_2.png

10 points to those who can identify all these buttons without the labels

Last edited:

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Screens and buttons are no problem at all, it's actually the more complicated shapes found around the windows that cause real headaches.
Either way, after an evening of work here is something for you guys to look at and hopefully approve of.

View attachment 45214

View attachment 45215

10 points to those who can identify all these buttons without the labels

You mention again shapes around windows - look here as well https://www.cgtrader.com/tutorials/396-how-to-cut-holes-into-a-plane-with-blender

The panel images are starting to look good. The great challenge will be functionality - keep on digging you'll get there

Country
lithuania
Add some ambient occlusion, you pics will look much better. To do it without rendering, enable AO, set the type to multiply, then press n go to shading -> AO or something. Assuming youre in blender render ;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
is this what your referring to on the cabin interior windows?

Attachments

• a350_cab_ window_int.jpg
    a350_cab_ window_int.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 305

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yeah that's just a render issue because the mesh is right on eachother, don't worry. I'm aware of this.