• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

Country
germany
Yes. How is it going? I know, your last post is less than one month ago, but that´s such a great aircraft and your model looks so good already, so I can´t do anything else than asking;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi everyone, hope you guys are all doing well! The year is almost drawing to an end once again, how time flies. The past 6 months living in Korea have felt more like 6 weeks if I am being honest. Either way that's not what this thread is about.

So in the past week or so I've been in contact with some people on this forum again to get some help with issues I was having troubles with for this project (Thank you @Chrismot and @Dutcheeseblend for your great help, eventhough my late replies might have been a bit rude of me, very sorry for that). So as we go in to the holidays and everyone is saying goodbye to 2018, I think it is time to reflect on the project, where it has come from and where it is going.

So gather around because I will discuss this almost like A Christmas Carol (i.e. project past, present and future... Seems appropriate for this time of year).

So the past, I still remember starting this whole thing in back in 2015. Who would have thought it would last this long? Not that developing an aircraft generally is fast but who would have thought I would stick with it this long. Back then I had ~0 experience with Blender and I learned by doing. The first model I made was, in retrospect, absolute garbage. If you don't believe me, go to the first pages of this thread and see for your self. So back then I was actually very excited that I even got something remotely resembling an aircraft. Now that one died out through the years and the current model was built entirely from scratch so no evolution of something took place. Did I learn a lot from it? I sure did! Mainly K learned about the set backs and that you should never let that get you down, it's all part of it.

Currently... Well let me show you with a recent render I made (oh boy, I am showing renders again... Did I not learn not to do that? Well maybe for Christmas I can make an exception).
received_527260214448269.png

As you can see, she is still not complete... She doesn't even have legs to stand on yet! But still I feel proud. Not because it is the best model in the world, after all I am a rather mediocre modeller in my opinion, but because I learned a lot about this particular aircraft by trying to get as much of it as close to the real things as I possibly could (with limited resources, mind you). Relative pride is the reward a developer does it all for, right? And if I am honest, the real A350 is still one of the most beautiful airliners I ever seen in my life so far (yes I know plenty of gorgeous aircraft are out there, but this one has a special place in my heart still).

So where are we going with this? (Mind you, I speak in the plural tense, whereas in reality it is very much just me). Well, my aim is to keep on working on this project until it's done of course. So then the question is what I define as "done"? To that I have no real answer, life will dictate that for me. But at very least I aim to have a full exterior model ready, hopefully some time next year. Whatever comes extra will be bonus for me, and of course it would be great to have those bonuses but only time will tell.

Country
denmark
Your render looks fantastic; you have put an immense dedication and patience into this project. We look forward to the continuation - Merry Christmas :D

Country
switzerland
you now might should work together with the guys of Qualitywings to release the A350 somewhen if time get's to it in 2019.
So you should work together with them, only to create a demanding aircraft cockpit systems to be simplified as this is their Motto... :p:D

Hopefully the A350 is coming together and to a release pretty soon...ish... can't wait for FSX and P3D Pilots to see them flying the A350...
Outer modelling looks gorgeous... hopefully the interior does it as well...

Last edited:
Country
france
Hey Frits, glad to see you, and Im happy to see how much you like this plane :) I can't wait to her future :) as of now, just enjoye XMas and NewYear with familly and friend :)

BTX, when I saw the tail, I was pretty sure it was Hainan Airlines; amazing render my friend :)

Marc

Country
switzerland
Hey Frits, glad to see you, and Im happy to see how much you like this plane :) I can't wait to her future :) as of now, just enjoye XMas and NewYear with familly and friend :)

BTX, when I saw the tail, I was pretty sure it was Hainan Airlines; amazing render my friend :)

Marc

There are several airlines grouped under the HNA umbrella, hence the livery.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Your render looks fantastic; you have put an immense dedication and patience into this project. We look forward to the continuation - Merry Christmas :D

Somebody was either up in the early Danish hours or on business in Asia (I may actually guess the latter). Thanks for the kind words and merry Christmas to you too Henrik!

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
you now might should work together with the guys of Qualitywings to release the A350 somewhen if time get's to it in 2019.
So you should work together with them, only to create a demanding aircraft cockpit systems to be simplified as this is their Motto... :p:D

Hopefully the A350 is coming together and to a release pretty soon...ish... can't wait for FSX and P3D Pilots to see them flying the A350...
Outer modelling looks gorgeous... hopefully the interior does it as well...

...ish haha, yeah we will have to see. What do you mean with the reference to QualityWings, are they working on something? I have not been in contact with them and to be honest haven't kept myself up to date too well with what is going on in the FS community for the past year or so, so perhaps I missed something?
Merry Christmas!

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

Marc

Thanks Marc, I know I can always count on you for support! Merry Christmas buddy!

Country
denmark
Somebody was either up in the early Danish hours or on business in Asia (I may actually guess the latter). Thanks for the kind words and merry Christmas to you too Henrik!

You are exactly right... business in Asia... and now back in Denmark and too early up with a tremendous jet-lag... SAS still doesn't have the A350, so the tour was done on an old A340, but they should get them in 2019 and I hope they will deploy them on the China routes :D

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The exterior model is already looking so good!

I am already very curious when the first renders of the VC are out!

Merry christmas to you!

Country
germany
Can we also see this beauty in Lufthansa livery? ;)

Information about QualityWings: Sadly they are not interested in supporting F747fly with the A350 project. I asked severl companies, and any denied. Why: Because I think, F747fly is a great developer and has to be suppported as I think, the A350 project could be important and nice on release day for most simmers...

Country
switzerland
Damn sweet! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones as well. Also a heartfelt thank you for the continued share of your renders as it helps me personally with my own project as well, as I also use Blender, with less talent than you obvs. :p

Country
france
Merry XMas Frits :)

Thanks for these renders :) can't wait to see AirCaraibes with their new livery :D

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You are exactly right... business in Asia... and now back in Denmark and too early up with a tremendous jet-lag
I'm guessing China and not Korea, right? haha
Otherwise a visit would have been appropriate lol.

I am already very curious when the first renders of the VC are out!
So am I Matthias, thank you for the nice words!

Can we also see this beauty in Lufthansa livery?
In due time.

Also a heartfelt thank you for the continued share of your renders as it helps me personally with my own project as well
I'm glad you're happy with them. They will be tested in sim soon, so that you can judge what they'll actually look like in reality.

can't wait to see AirCaraibes with their new livery
Because they lease the aircraft, this airline is not actually on my list at the moment (only for the -1000). I should add the lease companies at some point but at the moment they are not on my list, which is mainly based on amount of orders. I could ofcourse use the operators list, but even then the airline is quite far down. But don't worry Marc, soon you'll see her in the Carabian blue.

Country
denmark
I'm guessing China and not Korea, right? haha
Otherwise a visit would have been appropriate lol.

So am I Matthias, thank you for the nice words!

In due time.

I'm glad you're happy with them. They will be tested in sim soon, so that you can judge what they'll actually look like in reality.

Because they lease the aircraft, this airline is not actually on my list at the moment (only for the -1000). I should add the lease companies at some point but at the moment they are not on my list, which is mainly based on amount of orders. I could ofcourse use the operators list, but even then the airline is quite far down. But don't worry Marc, soon you'll see her in the Carabian blue.

China yes, however if you are staying for a long time I might pop by - I have quite a few trips Scheduled for the coming months and many requiring that I spend some weekends in China which could be used to see something else and I never visited Korea.

Country
france

Are you sure they are leased to TX? btw, if Im verry luck and that the plane won't change, in summer 2019, return flight should be with an A350 (my 1st time, I just hope it won't change)
Also, does the A350-900ULR is planned? (Singapore Airlines 21 and 22) its is slightly differents, winglet/sharklets are different.