• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What I would be more interested in, is the progress of Systems and Cockpit Design... what about that? Liveries are actually the last things which have to be added to a plane... or of which people can be up to... first I would've loved some updates on the Interior / Cockpit and Panels Design... is there any progressing so far or are you actually busy to do liveries? and what about the missing nose gear?

System is zero is so far, just nothing done on it yet since I am not spending time coding something that is not there yet. The cockpit, you can see it a few pages back and it is crawling along, don't you worry. I do this for fun and keep on spending a lot of hours on it, so please don't judge me when I want to spent some time on a relaxing livery.

Country
switzerland
Calm down peops,.. that was olny a question due to interests of further interior design...

But whatever... if that was not even touched by now, that‘s what it is...

wasn‘t meant to pull anyone... just my interest.. hopefully understandable...

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
_46.png

_47.png

Country
switzerland
Very cool, that you've begun modelling some internal designs... as the outer modelling is quite finished allready. Hopefully this is coming together as good as the outer model looks...

Keep on going! Can't wait to see the finishing...

Country
france
hello @F747fly
seeing that it took more thane 4 years to get to this and its not even fnished gives me motivation
never stop working and keep your dream alive
good luck with this beauty ;)

just a question :
does Belnder generate UVs automatically or it is a manual maping ? thnx in advance

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Can I ask what is the poly count of your wingbox? And how many Vertecies did you input when adding your cylinder for your fuselage? I think I'm going to restart my own project, would like to use a few numbers from you if you don't mind.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I love the colour scheme :rotfl:
I know right? haha

hello @F747fly
seeing that it took more thane 4 years to get to this and its not even fnished gives me motivation
never stop working and keep your dream alive
good luck with this beauty ;)

just a question :
does Belnder generate UVs automatically or it is a manual maping ? thnx in advance
Never lose dreams, it is the worst thing you can do!
It's manual wrapping, Blender's "automatic" wrapping gives some very oddly placed maps some times so I prefer to not use it on the major parts.

Can I ask what is the poly count of your wingbox? And how many Vertecies did you input when adding your cylinder for your fuselage? I think I'm going to restart my own project, would like to use a few numbers from you if you don't mind.
Wing box has approximately 3,000 verts on it now (mind you the A350's wingbox is quite complicated so this adds 1,000 ~ 2,000 easily). For the original circle to make the fuselage I used 108 verts. You may ask why, to which I will answer that this is what I calculated to optimal (as it gives you ~3.3 degrees per edge).

Country
switzerland
Wing box has approximately 3,000 verts on it now (mind you the A350's wingbox is quite complicated so this adds 1,000 ~ 2,000 easily). For the original circle to make the fuselage I used 108 verts. You may ask why, to which I will answer that this is what I calculated to optimal (as it gives you ~3.3 degrees per edge).

Thanks, appreciate your answer. And here I thought I was going heavy on verts with 1K for the wingbox of my A330. (Maybe I am, but if you are having good results in sim with that many verts, I think I have some room.)
Thanks again.

Also, what calculations did you do to get to said verts for original circle? I suck at math.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks, appreciate your answer. And here I thought I was going heavy on verts with 1K for the wingbox of my A330. (Maybe I am, but if you are having good results in sim with that many verts, I think I have some room.)
Thanks again.

Also, what calculations did you do to get to said verts for original circle? I suck at math.

I calculated that I would most certainly need a vert line on the Y-acis where the 1 cockpit window forms a straight line, that would on 3.27 ~ 3.29 degrees from centre line (you can either eyeball it or you coul measure two distances on the top and side view, then use pythagorean theorem to calculate the real distance between the centre vert and the first vert on the cockpit screen, and then calculate what this distance would be on the radial formed from the centre... Yes, I actually did it this way but eyeballing probably works too).

Country
switzerland
I calculated that I would most certainly need a vert line on the Y-acis where the 1 cockpit window forms a straight line, that would on 3.27 ~ 3.29 degrees from centre line (you can either eyeball it or you coul measure two distances on the top and side view, then use pythagorean theorem to calculate the real distance between the centre vert and the first vert on the cockpit screen, and then calculate what this distance would be on the radial formed from the centre... Yes, I actually did it this way but eyeballing probably works too).

Man...I think I am going to eyeball it.

Country
switzerland
Yes, but I am looking to test it in the SIM if any of my testers is available today (just the mesh)
If I was an FSX / P3D Simmer, i would've loved to test the Aircraft... but sadly I'm not... still using the old one only... If you'd backport it, I would've done a test in FS9 :D:D

Last edited: