FS2004 Aircraft don't go to the end of the runway for takeoff

Hello.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with what I hope is something simple.

I have an airport where AI aircraft takeoff in the wrong part of the runway. In other words they are using the crossing areas as a takeoff point instead of crossing and going to the end.

Can anyone let me know how I can fix this in ADE? I can send the file to take a look at if needed.

Thanks!

Okay, I fixed the runway issue but now I'm seeing that the ILS doesn't work. Not sure if that's something I did (I didn't change anything for that) or if it was broken all along. Any chance someone can help with that???

If you give us some idea of how you solved the 'taking off from wrong place' situation , we may be able to help with your second problem - in case it is related.

A copy of your .ad4 would help.

I don't think it's related. The first problem was solved because the runway line didn't actually fully span the runway. For whatever reason the person who built it didn't do that. Once that was corrected things worked normally. However, when testing the ILS afterward is when I noticed that doesn't seem to work.

Attachments

Carob,
Compiled your file (for FSX) and completed a couple of ILS approaches without any difficulties - so your layout seems to be OK in this respect.

Not sure if it matters but this is for FS9. The gauges do see something regarding the ILS but it doesn't really work. Then, about 10 mi out or so, the gauges just shut off. Like there's nothing there at all. Aircraft doesn't matter.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Compiled into my FS9 and the ILS works right to the runway, including back course. I suspect you might have an old file for KCRQ hiding somewhere, or the NAV/GPS switch is thrown to GPS?

BTW, KCRQ is just a few miles away from where I'm typing this message. :)

No duplicate files and switch is on NAV. No glideslope at all and the gauge completely shuts down (as if there's no signal) about 4 miles away. Multiple aircraft, including default, behave the same. I tried the orig file before modification and it does the same thing.

Just checked the default scenery and it does the same thing. No idea what's going on there.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
There may be something in your scenery installation that is causing this, because on other computers it's fine. In ADE go to Lists/Navaids and see if there are any nearby duplicate frequencies (although I don't know if that list includes addon sceneries).

There may be something in your scenery installation that is causing this, because on other computers it's fine. In ADE go to Lists/Navaids and see if there are any nearby duplicate frequencies (although I don't know if that list includes addon sceneries).
None others listed.

Once the freq is set the OBS always shows what's attached. Regardless of the direction it's set to or the direction you're flying. Until you are within about 4 mi of the airport. Then it shuts off altogether.

Attachments

Last edited:
Carob,
please confirm, or otherwise, that this behaviour is only occurring at this particular airport?

And you say that, if you disable your versions of this airport and go to the stock version, the ILS still doesn't work properly?
Have you got the "Airport Scanner" freeware program to check for other versions of this airport?

Yes, only at this airport.

Yes, turned off add-on scenery for here at it does the same thing.

Don't know what "Airport Scanner" is but I can see with other tools that no other airport file for this airport is installed.

By "other tools" I assume you mean the ADE 'File Priority Analyzer' in the Tools menu?
If the stock version of this airport exhibits this same problem when you disable ALL addon scenery then I am stumped on this one.

tgibson

Resource contributor
That was going to be my next suggestion - disable all addon scenery and see if it happens then. Uncheck them in the Scenery Library.