FSX Aircraft symbol not showing when connected to FSX

ADE is v01.65.5432. installed in C:/ADE NEW.
Have been doing some work with ADE and FSX Auto Connected and everything seemed to be fine. Aircraft symbol showed up in ADE and I was able to locate my desired positions using this. Took a break and then opened ADE and FSX Auto Connected once more and no aircraft symbol in ADE. Right click and move aircraft worked ok but no aircraft symbol. Disconnected Auto Connect and restarted ADE. Slewed my ac in FSX and then connected to ADE. Still no symbol. Reinstalled ADE, still no symbol. By now am getting very frustrated. As last attempt rebooted my PC, dont know why but what the hell. Again no symbol. I am now out of ideas and cannot carry on with the work I was doing.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are there Red numbers near the top right of the ADE main screen? What do they show? Are the coordinates what you expect? Sometimes the aircraft symbol gets shunted off into space. Otherwise to be honest I am not sure what would stop the aircraft symbol showing.

If you use Move to Aircraft does ADE go to the correct place - i.e. where your user aircraft is in the sim?

or go to "Settings-menu => set aircraft wingspan => Change" without changing the value and close.
The aircraft will be there
It seems it needs a little shaking - eh George? :)

Helli

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
That is indeed a good tip, though I wonder where the problem is coming from. In the meantime I will add a tip on the on-line help for this - Thanks Helli :)