• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Aircraft to Scenery Model Converter

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Then we're back to "square 1" with your disappearing texture problem. Nonetheless, your report helped me isolate and fix another problem that was causing similar symptoms in FSX.

Re the Auster you sent me, I can find nothing wrong in FS9. The textures hold for the entire range of visibility. If you send me the subfolder in your SAMM \Models folder for the Auster, perhaps that will give me a clue.

Don

Country
us-northcarolina
Displaying name and texture

Is there a way to change a planes GUID during the SAAM coversion process ?

I use ez scenery to place my converted planes . In the drop down menu all I see is line of numbers and letters , with no reference to what plane and or texture it is . I have created Libraries of planes with several different textures and Libraries of multiple planes .

I can view the no/texture plane just fine but I have to reboot FS to see what texture the plane has on .

Leon ,

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Leon, the Guid is the internal identification for FS models. There is no other reference in FS9. Many FS9 libraries are accompanied by a text file that relates modle name to GUID, but this is all outside FS9. (FSX retains model names.) Perhaps I can add such a x-ref file to SAMM's output in a future release.

The need to restart FS9 is a known shortcoming of using EZ scenery Nothing SAMM can do about it. In the next version of SAMM, you'll have an option to use the standard texture folder configuration (with the concurrent loss of multi-models /scenery folder). That may help EZ scenery users.

DOn

Country
us-california
Is there a way to change a planes GUID during the SAAM coversion process ?

I use ez scenery to place my converted planes . In the drop down menu all I see is line of numbers and letters , with no reference to what plane and or texture it is . I have created Libraries of planes with several different textures and Libraries of multiple planes .

I can view the no/texture plane just fine but I have to reboot FS to see what texture the plane has on .

Leon ,

Hi Leon,

It has been a while since I have used EZ Scenery and I may be wrong, but it seems that depending on which utility you used to compile the library, you could have the utility also render a text file which went into the folder, which would have the correct descriptions show up in the User Interface.

Cheers
Gary

Last edited:

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
Country
us-oregon
I use EZ Scenery for placing my " other " objects . Well that would not work with the converted planes . I've found that when I place the texture folder
for my converted plane in the " main texture folder " , if you know what I mean . The plane now shows up with it's textures displayed .

I don't know it my solution will work for anyone else , but it works for me .
It works for me too. Thanks, Leon! :D