• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Airport not recognised by TDB.exe

adr179

Resource contributor
Country
slovenia
First of all, thanks for a great tool. It is pretty simple and straightforward to use. I however noticed a little bug:under Compile you have a nice utility Find airport that actualy finds an airport, only displayed results are not true.
I tried 2 airports for which I already know where they are and got wrong results - try finding LJLJ,it's actually in 0601\scenery in apx51150.bgl, FSX Planner will give folder 0501 and apx44150, or LQMO that is actually in 0602\scenery\apx52160, Planner wil give a result:0502 and apx43160, but this is just a minor nuissance in what I already said is an excellent tool.

And now to my problem: I decided to add some traffic to LQMO that is by Microsoft default without any parkings, com frequencies and so on, made all the neccessary changes in "afcad" and got a nice looking airport - there are all of the new items there: fuel trucks, pushback vehicles and so on and this fact convinces me that I did a proper job as far as facilities are concerned. Next I produced a new Airoprts.dat file with the tool inside the FSX and checked it - the entry for airport also looks like it should. But when I try to make a simple flight plan(using the SP1a Traffic Toolbox SDK), just A to B and back I can't get a proper *.bgl, the flight statistics shows only departure&arrival from B, but no usage of A if A is LQMO. And of course I checked my syntax against other destinations with stock parkings/gates on default airports and it worked. Any suggestions?

First of all, thanks for a great tool. It is pretty simple and straightforward to use. I however noticed a little bug:under Compile you have a nice utility Find airport that actualy finds an airport, only displayed results are not true.
I tried 2 airports for which I already know where they are and got wrong results - try finding LJLJ,it's actually in 0601\scenery in apx51150.bgl, FSX Planner will give folder 0501 and apx44150, or LQMO that is actually in 0602\scenery\apx52160, Planner wil give a result:0502 and apx43160, but this is just a minor nuissance in what I already said is an excellent tool.

That is odd! I'll have to look into it.

And now to my problem: I decided to add some traffic to LQMO that is by Microsoft default without any parkings, com frequencies and so on, made all the neccessary changes in "afcad" and got a nice looking airport - there are all of the new items there: fuel trucks, pushback vehicles and so on and this fact convinces me that I did a proper job as far as facilities are concerned. Next I produced a new Airoprts.dat file with the tool inside the FSX and checked it - the entry for airport also looks like it should. But when I try to make a simple flight plan(using the SP1a Traffic Toolbox SDK), just A to B and back I can't get a proper *.bgl, the flight statistics shows only departure&arrival from B, but no usage of A if A is LQMO. And of course I checked my syntax against other destinations with stock parkings/gates on default airports and it worked. Any suggestions?

I haven't done much work with the traffic tools on FSX, so I don't really know why your AI traffic routes would not be recognizing the LQMO airport. Perhaps someone on this forum with more AI traffic experience could provide an answer?

Country
australia

I can second this is a problem. Last time I searched for an airport it told me it was in 0102, file APX*****.bgl. I did a search of my computer for that file as I couldn't find it in 0102 and low and behold...that file doesn't exist. Strange. Still, good tool

Anything thing I was going to ask, why do LON/LAT co-ordinates appear different in FSX to FSX Planner? If I moved to a particular gate in FSX the co-ordinates are not what is displayed for that gate in FSX Planner?

Cheers,
Kael

Anything thing I was going to ask, why do LON/LAT co-ordinates appear different in FSX to FSX Planner? If I moved to a particular gate in FSX the co-ordinates are not what is displayed for that gate in FSX Planner?

Cheers,
Kael

Can you give me an example? How far off are they?

adr179

Resource contributor
Country
slovenia
@ KaelO : Depends on how you were measuring your position. I would suggest you to go in a top/down view and put the red cross of the aircraft on the "T" that the taxi line to the gate ends with and only then compare the coordinates.
If you were using a big bird and stopped with the nose wheel on the mark when measuring coordinates of a gate, the difference could be quite big.

And just to let you know, I managed to solve my problems with AI aircraft flight plans. Basically my problem was not to check the restrictions posed to different aircraft types and stated in "fs10.AircraftTypes.csv". Compiler's reaction was a bit unusual, since my syntax wasn't completely reyected, but the same sytax worked for a simple reason - the other airport lied further away from my origin and satisfied the criteria. So, watch it if you plan to make custom built flight plans for AI traffic in FS X, limitations from "fs10.AircraftTypes.csv" must be obeyed strictlly even if anyone finds them a bit strange in some cases. I really don't see why B737-800 only needs to cruise FL 250 to 350 and fly trips of 200 miles minimum?

And just to let you know, I managed to solve my problems with AI aircraft flight plans. Basically my problem was not to check the restrictions posed to different aircraft types and stated in "fs10.AircraftTypes.csv". Compiler's reaction was a bit unusual, since my syntax wasn't completely reyected, but the same sytax worked for a simple reason - the other airport lied further away from my origin and satisfied the criteria. So, watch it if you plan to make custom built flight plans for AI traffic in FS X, limitations from "fs10.AircraftTypes.csv" must be obeyed strictlly even if anyone finds them a bit strange in some cases. I really don't see why B737-800 only needs to cruise FL 250 to 350 and fly trips of 200 miles minimum?

That's great that you figured out the solution. And thanks for sharing it as well. :)

Country
australia
Can you give me an example? How far off are they?

I've attached two screen shots. The FSX Top Down view of of YMML. As you can see the crosshairs (aircraft) are visable directly on that gate_heavy. I've taken a screen shot of FSX Planner with the mouse cursor in exactly the same place, (although the mouse cursor doesn't appear in the screen shot).

FSX Co-ordinates : S37*40.10, E144*50.72
FSX Planner indicates: S37*6683, E144*8453

I don't know if maybe I'm misreading the data as I know all the parking spots turn up in exactly the right place after putting them in FSX Planner. What got me thinking about this is that without a link to FSX, I was trying to place jetways and parking spots exactly by getting the co-ordinates in FSX and then searching for them in FSX Planner. Obviously I couldn't locate the FSX co-ordinates within FSX Planner.

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Cheers,
Kael

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

It looks like FSX Planner is giving the coordinates in decimal degrees. 0.6683 is 40.098 minutes and 0.8453 is 50.718 minutes

I've attached two screen shots. The FSX Top Down view of of YMML. As you can see the crosshairs (aircraft) are visable directly on that gate_heavy. I've taken a screen shot of FSX Planner with the mouse cursor in exactly the same place, (although the mouse cursor doesn't appear in the screen shot).

I don't know if maybe I'm misreading the data as I know all the parking spots turn up in exactly the right place after putting them in FSX Planner. What got me thinking about this is that without a link to FSX, I was trying to place jetways and parking spots exactly by getting the co-ordinates in FSX and then searching for them in FSX Planner. Obviously I couldn't locate the FSX co-ordinates within FSX Planner.

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Cheers,
Kael

As Jon stated above the two lat/lon coordinates are the same, just in different formats.

FSX Planner shows lat/lons in decimal by default. You can change this to display in the same format as the sim (ie S37*40.10, E144*50.72) through the Preferences dialog (File -> Preferences). Then just select the display type you want for the mouse pointer. There are five different display types.

Also, make sure you download build 14, as the depiction of Jetways is much improved.

-Russell

Country
australia
As Jon stated above the two lat/lon coordinates are the same, just in different formats.

FSX Planner shows lat/lons in decimal by default. You can change this to display in the same format as the sim (ie S37*40.10, E144*50.72) through the Preferences dialog (File -> Preferences). Then just select the display type you want for the mouse pointer. There are five different display types.

Also, make sure you download build 14, as the depiction of Jetways is much improved.

-Russell

Damn it Russell, you've got an answer for everything!! Love your work and your program!

Kael