• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Airport Objects not showing up on FSX-SE but Show up on P3D

Country
portugal
I'm trying to create my first airport with ADE (free version) but the airport objects are not showing up with FSXSE but they show up on P3Dv3 on my other computer. The SDK installed is from the boxed edition of FSX. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

LPLG-FSXSE.jpg
LPLG.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are placing those objects using the Library Object Manager. the relevant library BGL files must be placed into an *active* scenery folder in FSX.

Or, if those objects are in native P3D format they will not appear in FSX.

Or, if those are stock P3D objects and the same objects (if present) in FSX have different GUID values they will not appear.

Country
portugal
I'm building everything on the computer that has FSXSE installed so it shouldn't be in P3D native.

Country
portugal
"If you are placing those objects using the Library Object Manager. the relevant library BGL files must be placed into an *active* scenery folder in FSX. "
How do you copy these to the active folder?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are using an object that is not default (i.e not already included) then you added it to the LOM. If you did that, then you should know where the BGL file is.

The tower at least looks like a default object, so that shouldn't have needed to be added to the LOM, it was probably there already? If so, it is already present in FS and is another problem.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
There is a great deal of difference between the two images, aside from building placement. The autogen and background ground are different, as well. Even the runway and taxiway surfaces are different. It is more accurate to say the only things the two images share is the approximate location of pavement. Except for one scenario I can think of, these discrepancies far surpass the discrepancy between FSX:SE and P3Dv3, to the point that a shared understanding of the situation is woefully lacking. This is to say, the evidence that one works in P3D and not in FSX, is as pertinent as to say one works in the blue computer and not the red, when you compare the difference between simulators, to the difference between those two scenes. The one unique scenario would be, that you compiled for P3Dv3. This would explain, to me, the default status of pavement polys and complete lack of everything else.
FYI, this is not a simple consequence of building model file locations or texture paths, there are fundamental differences between the scenes that, to me, imply, perhaps; mismatched sequential edits, unknown scenery excludes, non default libraries and these are just a very few of the myriad situations that could lead to this sort of condition, the conclusion being there isn't enough information to even hazard a guess. It would be better if you shared your files, or went into more detail about procedure.

Country
portugal
I've read somewhere here that FSXSE doesn't come with SDK and that you could use P3Dv1.4 SDK instead to compile that's what I used when I started adding objects and they didn't show up I installed FSX SDK from the boxed version. To check if it make any difference and it didn't.

Attachments

• scenery.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 225

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
The scenery appears to work as intended in FSX:SE, you'll need to check your scenery density settings. It is important to note, that the runway textures are different between my FSX:SE screen shot and the one you posted. Runway textures are not affected by scenery density settings. This implies additional issues, for which there is too little information to dissect.
scene.JPG

Country
portugal
This issue has been solved! Copied the bgl file airport_objects.bgl into this scenery folder and every object appeared including those that came from a different bgl file than the one copied. After this, I shut down FSX and removed the airport_objects.bgl file from the scenery to test if the objects would vanish or stay and they ended staying and had no more problems adding more objects. I have no idea as to why it behaved like this.