• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Altitude Issue Chicago KORD

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
I've started on a revamp of O'Hare with the new runways etc. However, the extension of the field area has also changed the average elevation to 680 Feet. I've been through the procedure for changing the field elevation, and also applied a Flatten Mask Class Map Exclude Autogen Polygon over the entire area of the field. BUT My flatten stops flattening almost north south across the middle of the field. Apart from dramatically altering the mesh resolution to 152m, I don't seem to be able to clear this problem.

I've tried applying an exclusion to the whole area in case there is a Microsoft Flatten interfering, but it makes no sense that this would go through the middle of the terminal.

Any ideas please?

Martin

Attachments

• KORD.png
    KORD.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 443
Country
newzealand
Martin,
it's not necessary to use a "Flatten Mask Class Map Exclude Autogen" over the whole airport, that has already been done for you, no need for an exclusion either......
just add the "Flatten Mask Class Map Exclude Autogen" from the default boundary fence to the north to add 9L/27R then to the west to the highway the runs north/south, then south to add 10R/28L,
using the boundary fence as a reference, you can move the fence later,
you will have to move E Irving Park rd and the railway line as that will be in the way, that is what you will need the exclusion's for so you can move these
attached is how i did it

Last edited:

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've experimented with your method, but to no avail. Whatever is wrong it seems to be local to my FSX installation. My development computer is quite old, but when I test the scenery on that, I don't get these changes in level. I have a stubb file changing the elevation in both copies of FSX, so I'm bemused by the thing. Looking at your ADEX screen shot, I guess I am busy reinventing the wheel.

Country
newzealand
Delete the stub file then!! my "Flatten Mask Class Map Exclude Autogen" is at the default airport altitude
there is no reason the change the altitude from the default airport, unless you are trying to modify someone else's scenery
when you compile your airport you should only have two files, KORD.bgl and a KORD_CVX.bgl file which you can place in the Addon-Scenery/scenery folder

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Yup! That works, back to original elevation and no stub file. Thanks for your assistance. Back to creating buildings.

Martin

Country
newzealand
Your welcome,
good luck with your project as i know how many hours i put into my KORD.................