• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Altitude Problem

Country
us-ohio
Hi Jon,

I have a problem in the Home Edition of ADE. When I place a runway, and then later edit it, the altitude textbox will not let me change the numbers, it stays at 180 feet. My airport shows, but it is, of course, at 180 feet, in the ground....*chuckles*. Everything looks pretty normal from there. I was just wondering if you had any info that could help me resolve this problem. I will be glad to try anything you would like me to do.

John

P.S. BTW, this looks good, and reminds me of AFCAD.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jon,

I have a problem in the Home Edition of ADE. When I place a runway, and then later edit it, the altitude textbox will not let me change the numbers, it stays at 180 feet. My airport shows, but it is, of course, at 180 feet, in the ground....*chuckles*. Everything looks pretty normal from there. I was just wondering if you had any info that could help me resolve this problem. I will be glad to try anything you would like me to do.

John

P.S. BTW, this looks good, and reminds me of AFCAD.

Please make sure that you have the latest version (1.05) there was a bug in earlier versions that caused problems with alitude values. To update go to the Help Menu and then Check For Updates. Make sure to download and install BOTH updater files that are on offer

Note that ADE Home will set altitudes for things like runways to the Airport Altitude (except for this bug!) and you cannot change them. Generally the altitude of items like that at an airport should be the same as the altitude of the airport which is why ADE locks them.

Country
us-ohio
1.05 Stops Working

Hi Jon,

I downloaded the 1.05 version of ADE Home Edition, read the ReadMe, and did what I thought it said. After pasting the files from the 1.05 zip file to the orignal install of ADEHE I ran the program, and got this message from Vista, and XP. ADE never did run, the error came up before the program started.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: airport design editor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.5.2919.38314
Problem Signature 03: 4776b955
Problem Signature 04: Airport Design Editor
Problem Signature 05: 1.5.2919.38314
Problem Signature 06: 4776b955
Problem Signature 07: 43b
Problem Signature 08: 37
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Stuck now, any hints on what to do?

regards, John

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You are using Vista and It is not giving you permission to read the performance data such as ram used.

Although this has been reported for internal beta versions after 1.05 it has not been reported for 1.05

This seems to be a fix for the problem related to performance data that you might want to try

http://csharpfeeds.com/post.aspx?id=1769

the critical lines are these I think:

Windows 2003, Windows XP x64 Edition, and Vista require that the user be part of the Performance Monitor Users group to read performance counter data. Simply adding your non admin user to this group will fix this problem.

GHD

Country
england
John,

Try running ADE by right-clicking on the .exe and selecting "Run as administrator".

George