• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Always lost model

Country
austria
Hello,
I have always encountered this problem recently. The model itself has disappeared. Can you see what the problem is? Thanks!

1544803097189.png
1544803111119.png

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
A Library Object is not a Model. Models are displayed in Lists/Models, while Library Objects are displayed in Lists/Scenery Objects (if already placed), or in Tools/Library Object Manager.

Country
austria
A Library Object is not a Model. Models are displayed in Lists/Models, while Library Objects are displayed in Lists/Scenery Objects (if already placed), or in Tools/Library Object Manager.
But I am actually right click and add the model.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
And once you have added it as a User Model does it now show up in Lists/Models?

Country
newzealand
Ok, so you have opened the ad4 added the model to the "Lists/Models" does the List show a "Yes" under "File Found" and a 1 in the "Used" section against this model?
I take it you then saved this same ad4 file with the model in it? and on re-opening this ad4 file the model is no longer in this list?
does this model compile ok and show up at your airport? i'm also taking it you have the textures for it or are the textures included in the Model?
being black only means there's no bgl of this model in ADE to select it as a library object to place it at your airport, but will still compile ok

Country
austria
Ok, so you have opened the ad4 added the model to the "Lists/Models" does the List show a "Yes" under "File Found" and a 1 in the "Used" section against this model?
I take it you then saved this same ad4 file with the model in it? and on re-opening this ad4 file the model is no longer in this list?
does this model compile ok and show up at your airport? i'm also taking it you have the textures for it or are the textures included in the Model?
being black only means there's no bgl of this model in ADE to select it as a library object to place it at your airport, but will still compile ok
The black model can be compiled normally, but nothing is displayed in P3D. If I re-add the model and then click on the black model, it will come back

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE does not compile black box models.

Leo2789

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Hello,
I have always encountered this problem recently. The model itself has disappeared. Can you see what the problem is? Thanks!

View attachment 46359View attachment 46360

Hey @XCSWxcsw , I had this same issue with ADE9 recently, where after starting ADE for the first time in a given day and opening up a project all my models would be gone from the list, without me moving them anywhere from their original folder! Usually just restarting ADE and reopening the project file would bring the models (and model list) back up no problem! If you haven't tried that I suggest you do it and see if it also works for you :)

Country
austria
Hey @XCSWxcsw , I had this same issue with ADE9 recently, where after starting ADE for the first time in a given day and opening up a project all my models would be gone from the list, without me moving them anywhere from their original folder! Usually just restarting ADE and reopening the project file would bring the models (and model list) back up no problem! If you haven't tried that I suggest you do it and see if it also works for you :)
Unfortunately, I have tried it, but it is useless. It happens with probability, sometimes it's okay, and sometimes it happens. This is very strange.

Country
switzerland
Good to know, you can create Thumbnails with ModelConverterX from Arno Gerretsen and place it into:

C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\XXXX\Thumbs

XXXX = depends on Flight Simulator Version you are creating for (FSX, P3D, P3D2, P3D3, P3D4)

so a Thumbnail will be shown for your Modell. I'm using a lot of modells in my sceneries and never had any Problems with ADE handling those!!!!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think this has been reported before but I am not aware of any specific reason being identified. Try searching the forums for older threads on missing models

Country
austria
Good to know, you can create Thumbnails with ModelConverterX from Arno Gerretsen and place it into:

C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\XXXX\Thumbs

XXXX = depends on Flight Simulator Version you are creating for (FSX, P3D, P3D2, P3D3, P3D4)

so a Thumbnail will be shown for your Modell. I'm using a lot of modells in my sceneries and never had any Problems with ADE handling those!!!!
Hi, I am user model here, not a Library Objects. It is not easy to use here.

Country
switzerland
Mine are also User-models and not Library-objects!:wave:

I have quickly written a User Guide for creating Thumbnails:

Attachments

• How To Use MCX to Generate Thumbnails (Dec 2018).pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 153