FSXA and P3D fx_vclight display on exterior models

Perhaps an effects issue - but I couldn´t solve it. On my Soloy model I have 3D Lights, all are working great, except of vclight. I tried it out to made fx_vclight working like 3D lights, but with no success. What should I do, trying to do it in models or with effects?

tgibson

Resource contributor
I've never tried to solve a problem like this, but one solution might be to create a "sealed box" between the roof and the sides of the cabin. That is, it should be all one object and the vertices welded. Might work?

Hope this helps,

Thanks Tom, sorry I have to work with my languages. My issue is only with fx_vclight. But thank you very much for answering. Your are right, you got my issue.

I tried out a "cabin light cage" with fully transparent materials - with no success. Anyway, this could be a good solution - but I got troubles with displaying lighted cabin interior in exterior model (they are not lighting so much). If I have more time, I am quite sure to come again with it.

Okay, what I did is similar from the effects side, but has also some issues. First, I create a less brighter lighting effect, called it fx_vclight_tr, controlled by the default fx_2.bmp. Set the coordinates higher in aircraft.cfg than before. And voila:

Much better. The cabin is not dark like on picture. VC is looking great now. Anyway - there it seems there are big problems around with night lighting.

Last edited: